Hello from the Netherlands

I must stress that I am from the Netherlands, yet not from Holland, although I am Dutch, but I live in the southern appendix of the Low Lands where I will be safe in case of sea level rising because it is elevated and close to Belgium and Germany. My name is Gijsbert Tweehuysen, build in 1953, and a life long model builder although very large periods between projects. Now I am retired and got ahead full steam. Piking up the hobby with a wooden lemsteraak from Mamoli. After that I jumped into the 17th century with a model from Kolderstok, the Duyfken, where I experimented with carbon rods in the seams of the sails to give them a "blown" look. Then back to the 70’ies where I recreated a scene from the first vacation with my wife in the form of a diorama with a Citroen 2CV (scale 1:24).
Now I am busy with a Japanese temple, the Byodoin Phoenix hall in Kyoto, from Woody Joe. Fully painted and completed with the pond, banks and Buddha in the Central hall.
I hope to find people here who like to do some things different to create unique models.
Gijsbert

0C1EE97D-5395-4AF1-9B3D-B55F6F2BECC5_1_201_a.jpeg163FA71B-F13C-4E0C-9F2B-4B418FD957EF_1_201_a.jpeg268920BE-9EAF-44ED-A0EB-FE158AF87736_1_201_a.jpeg73B19DD1-D622-480F-83A8-E91135217389_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Hallo Gijsbert,
very good models you are showing us - so it will be very interesting to see your work more in detail.
Off course a warm welcome here on board of our forum.....
we are well prepared for a multitasking modeler like you.
Our main focus is the building of ship models, sail or steam, kit or scratch. But we have also special areas for other modeling subjects, like your temple.
Take a look here:

BTW: May I ask, why the engine hood of your old "Ente" is open? Did you once simulate a problem with your car, so that you were stuck with your girl alone .........?

Happy, that you have found us - enjoy the membership and the community of friends

BTW: May I ask, why the engine hood of your old "Ente" is open? Did you once simulate a problem with your car, so that you were stuck with your girl alone .........?

You guessed it right

Haha, Pianoforte, I couldn’t see one more block while working on my Duyfken... for me it is hard to see the immensity of the work on the rigging of the real big ships. So a change of scene has always been a constant in my life .

Welcome, impressive collection of different models you show, greetings-

Dear Gijsbert
welcome aboard Beer :)Thumbsup
you are doing excellent job , and I am sure that you will find partners to your enthusiasm for building models

Last edited:
Thanks to all the people who have welcomed me, liked my messages and my work (although I am not a pro like some of you) or have responded to them.
I appreciate that very much!!!

Gijsbert

Back