Hello from the Netherlands

Hello I'm Dirk from Holland .
Thanks for excepting me in this great community.

I'm a modelship builder sinds 2,5 years.
In the start of the hobby I bought a verry simple kit. The Bluenose 2 from Constructo .
My 2nd project was the La Candelaria from Occre. And my 3rd project is the HMS Endeavour from Artesania Latina. The last one is still under construction but the next ship is already bought. The Prins Willem from Corel.
I bought the famous book of Herman Ketting and I have some original drawings from the model in the museum, so I can build this one close to the original ship.
My goal in this onderfull hobby .... having alot of fun and learning from mistakes so that I can build nice ships.

Welcome aboard SOS! We are glad to have you with us. Would you mind showing the progress of your Endevaour in a build log? It doesn't have to be from the real beginning. Would you consider it?

Welcome aboard SOS! We are glad to have you with us. Would you mind showing the progress of your Endevaour in a build log? It doesn't have to be from the real beginning. Would you consider it?
Sure I will show the progress of the Endeavor. This ship is not historical correct and alot of extra things on my model I've read in books.
But first I have to figure out hou this forum works.

This is how mij ships looks likes.
20210523_161554.jpg

Sure I will show the progress of the Endeavor. This ship is not historical correct and alot of extra things on my model I've read in books.
But first I have to figure out hou this forum works.

This is how mij ships looks likes.
Take your time and a good start would be from the help topics. Those are very short videos of how to use the forum.

Once you are ready, it is matter to post a new thread here

Enjoy and have fun!

Hello Dirk , welcome to the SOS, i was wandering wih the work by Andrey in the Ship Fleuron but yours is also a very good job and with a lot of work to go
i'll be back..
Hugo

Thank you @Hugo.
Thats the last taken picture from the whole ship.
Ik must say that I did some little things more on the ship.
But now I'm get starting with the yards and the masts.

Last edited:
Hallo Dirk,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

Hi JDS73, my name is Frank, I am from New Jersey, USA and a new modeler. Can you please keep me informed of your progress in the building of Prins Willem? I was able to get the Prins Willem on a close out sale. When I saw it, I realized I will need help. The instructions are very poor. I was going to sell it, but I would really like to attempt to build it. Anything you can do will really be appreciated. I can send you my personal email if you wish.

Back