Hello from Toronto, Canada.

Hello everyone from Toronto. I am 29 years old and I have no idea how and where I came across or saw ship model building recently, but for the past few weeks, I have been hooked up with it, and I think finally after 29 years, I have found myself a hobby (other than stock analysis). I think the reason it got me really interested in how much detail it goes to build one especially large POF ones. Also, I believe going to art school from 11 to 15 y.o, and working with sculptures, wood, painting has something to do with it. I will give it a go-to whatever my first model will be, and either it will break me or take me to new journeys going forward. I had no idea there was such a great community of shipbuilders like this one. So far, my experience has been positive with members (not like some crazy, racist Reddit forum) and am happy with it and what I read from other posts, people are quite helpful ( which I will need for sure).

Stay safe, happy building.

Welcome to SOS! God I miss Toronto! I made the mistake of leaving 12 years ago and and still feel the call :) Anyways, we seem to be quite the diverse group from all over the planet with the same passion for ships and modeling. Glad to meet you!
Toronto never gets boring. always something to enjoy, have fun. sometimes, you gotta listen to inner voice ;)

Hello everyone from Toronto. I am 29 years old and I have no idea how and where I came across or saw ship model building recently, but for the past few weeks, I have been hooked up with it, and I think finally after 29 years, I have found myself a hobby (other than stock analysis). I think the reason it got me really interested in how much detail it goes to build one especially large POF ones. Also, I believe going to art school from 11 to 15 y.o, and working with sculptures, wood, painting has something to do with it. I will give it a go-to whatever my first model will be, and either it will break me or take me to new journeys going forward. I had no idea there was such a great community of shipbuilders like this one. So far, my experience has been positive with members (not like some crazy, racist Reddit forum) and am happy with it and what I read from other posts, people are quite helpful ( which I will need for sure).

Stay safe, happy building.

Hallo,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum :cool:
We will help when ever needed and requested

Back