Hello from Virginia

Hello everyone. I built models as a kid back in the late 70s early 80s, mostly tanks and planes. About 10 years ago I got back into modeling again and have been modeling WW2 tanks since I restarted modeling. I became interested in sailing ships while reading the Aubery/Maturin series of books by Patric O'Brian. Anyway, I saw the DeAgostini model of the HMS Victory and want to build it but realize that it is a massive undertaking and I should get my feet wet with something smaller. I found this site and took the advice and ordered the Model Shipways Lowell Grand Banks Dory. It should be interesting. Anyway that is my story, I look forward to learning more about this new type of modeling. Dave

that's a nice little boat. I would image the deagostini victory would come with comprehensive instructions but it's somewhat expensive

that's a nice little boat. I would image the deagostini victory would come with comprehensive instructions but it's somewhat expensive
The Deagostini Victory is expensive which is why I want to build some smaller ships before I even consider making it. The biggest problem I see is what to do with it when it is done.

hi there,
the Victory model is a difficult ship to build even for expierened modellers, so you are correct in considering an easier model for your first attempt. ;)

Hello everyone. I built models as a kid back in the late 70s early 80s, mostly tanks and planes. About 10 years ago I got back into modeling again and have been modeling WW2 tanks since I restarted modeling. I became interested in sailing ships while reading the Aubery/Maturin series of books by Patric O'Brian. Anyway, I saw the DeAgostini model of the HMS Victory and want to build it but realize that it is a massive undertaking and I should get my feet wet with something smaller. I found this site and took the advice and ordered the Model Shipways Lowell Grand Banks Dory. It should be interesting. Anyway that is my story, I look forward to learning more about this new type of modeling. Dave
Hello Dave, and welcome aboard SOS. Sure you are at the right place, our forum has many knowledgeable modelers who ready to help (if needed). Just ask, and you will be surprised how fast you get an answer. BTW, you may consider starting your own build log of Lowell Grand Banks Dory. This is the suggested way to interact with our members. What do you think?

In any way, welcome again and have fun!

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum......

Back