Hello from Western Australia

Hello from Western Australia. I'm new to this. I bought the Charles M Morgan 1841 Whaler kit for my husband 25 years ago. We are both retired now and have discovered the kit. I'm not sure if this kit is available these days, but we are following copious written directions and so far have got up to the first handrails on the gunwales and about to put on the topgallant gunwales and handrail. (Wow...look at me go with the nautical terminology.) I know we will need lots of help as we progress. Oh...Happy New Year everyone.

Hello from Western Australia. I'm new to this. I bought the Charles M Morgan 1841 Whaler kit for my husband 25 years ago. We are both retired now and have discovered the kit. I'm not sure if this kit is available these days, but we are following copious written directions and so far have got up to the first handrails on the gunwales and about to put on the topgallant gunwales and handrail. (Wow...look at me go with the nautical terminology.) I know we will need lots of help as we progress. Oh...Happy New Year everyone.
Welcome to SoS and your progress on the Morgan. I have a "strange" reaction whenever I see the name of a member from Australia. . . The sea shanty that has in part . . "to South Australia I was bound . . . " a resonating Irish sea shanty from many decades ago of the life and stresses upon seamen. Happy New Year from the northern hemisphere. Rich (PT-2)

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
The kit is still on the market and we have several building logs, where you could get already some information.

In addition I suggest, that you also start a building log, showing your work on the model - with this it is often much easier to help and assist when necessary

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
The kit is still on the market and we have several building logs, where you could get already some information.

In addition I suggest, that you also start a building log, showing your work on the model - with this it is often much easier to help and assist when necessary
Thank you. Will start my building log.

Hallo @Jenny
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi Jenny and welcome from our east coast.
This site and its members are an amazing source of information and, well, just downright friendly. :)
Enjoy your rediscovery of the hobby.

Back