Hello from Western Canada

I have been building models since 1972 of cars, planes and boats which has lead to now to strictly boats of tugs ,open steam launches and paddle wheelers. The last 20 years has mostly been of steam power R/C boats from 1 foot to 6 feet. as of this date I have 5 steam boats operational and 4 electric boats. When time permits there is 7 more to be built all
of witch are steam powers and I do have steam engine for each one.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
would be great to see your RC - steam fleet and / or the actual project in a building log - great to have you on board

Welcome aboard SOS! Beautiful models you made!! Is it possible for you could do a build log of your Myrtle riverboat? It doesn't have to be from the beginning though. We would love to see some of your earlier stages of the build. :cool:

Welcome aboard SOS! Beautiful models you made!! Is it possible for you could do a build log of your Myrtle riverboat? It doesn't have to be from the beginning though. We would love to see some of your earlier stages of the build. :cool:

2021-03-24 11.16.36.jpeg

The first boat(Brooklyn) was built in 2017 with a Cheddar engine & boiler with an on board water tank; Norderney was done in 1996 and I just sold it. The open steam launch is 50" long and powered by a Moden steam engine & boiler built in 2020 as for the river boat Myrtle it is highly modified and only the hull was used all other wood is 1/16 ply wood and 1mm by 3mm planks. the supper structure has been reduced in size. This boat in the original kit is very top heavy and does not do well in windy or ruff water.

Back