Hello from White House, Tennessee

In a couple months I will be 92 and my ship modeling right now is trying to repair the rigging of the Naval Cutter "Speedy". The model was damaged when I moved to my retirement house 3 years ago. I feel great pressure to get it done and safely ensconced in the case that I finally made for in this past year. I am personally not acquainted with anyone who can do this for myself and ultimately my two daughters. My eyesight is a major problem as is my dexterity, but I persevere. Additionally, I have 6 or7 old wood model ship kits ( some complete and some not) that need to find another home. Other items that need to find a home are a collection of model ship plans, a library of over 200 books and journals, and wood, (Boxwood, Degame, Pear, Holly and Apple). Many of the books are 1st editions as books are my passion. I tried to give the books to library but they did not seem to want them in their collection.
If I can eventually get the Speedy's rigging repaired I may start another, but I have to chuckle at myself as it took ten years to complete the Speedy. Almost 2 years of that was building a powered rope walk and ultimately twisting up al the rigging for the Speedy model. I very much enjoy the build logs posted by other model builders.

Welcome! Hope you can find someone local who can repair your model. I'm only 57 but lifestyle changes are already beginning to be being forced upon me due to age. I can't fight in medieval armour in the heat of the sun for hours anymore. I miss that!

In a couple months I will be 92 and my ship modeling right now is trying to repair the rigging of the Naval Cutter "Speedy". The model was damaged when I moved to my retirement house 3 years ago. I feel great pressure to get it done and safely ensconced in the case that I finally made for in this past year. I am personally not acquainted with anyone who can do this for myself and ultimately my two daughters. My eyesight is a major problem as is my dexterity, but I persevere. Additionally, I have 6 or7 old wood model ship kits ( some complete and some not) that need to find another home. Other items that need to find a home are a collection of model ship plans, a library of over 200 books and journals, and wood, (Boxwood, Degame, Pear, Holly and Apple). Many of the books are 1st editions as books are my passion. I tried to give the books to library but they did not seem to want them in their collection.
If I can eventually get the Speedy's rigging repaired I may start another, but I have to chuckle at myself as it took ten years to complete the Speedy. Almost 2 years of that was building a powered rope walk and ultimately twisting up al the rigging for the Speedy model. I very much enjoy the build logs posted by other model builders.
Hallo @Johnsbk
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Johnsbk
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back