Hello from Wisbech in Cambridgeshire

Hello Everyone. I am thinking of starting another model after many years of pursuing other hobbies (currently vintage car restoration). My previous models have been scratch built plank on frame using hand tools. My first was Leon to 1/16" scale following Harold Underhill's book. I didn't finish this one as house moves, jobs and children left me with little time, but I have kept her together with her cargo of my children's milk teeth. I made a model of Three Brothers from Edgar March's plans which I gave away and my last model was a sailing bawley to 1/4" from non-scale plans from the Science Museum - this my favourite model so far, generally built from sycamore with all metal fittings fashioned out of copper wire. I have a car to finish before anything serious happens but I will enjoy roaming the site to see what everyone else is doing and possibly getting some ideas for a subject. 831708317183172

Welcome aboard SOS, enjoy roaming to the site, I am sure you will find it very interesting and inspiring. Your model looks like a contemporary model with some dust in places...LOL.

Ha ha! Yes indeed Jim - Leon lives without a case and is covered in dust while Maud (the bawley) has a snug dome over her to keep the dust off which she shares with a guitar humidifier and a piece of HMS Victory. Both of them are getting on a bit now as it is several years since I have done any model making, although I did build two full size dinghies from Dynamite Payson's Instant Boats books and restored an Enterprise and Wayfarer dinghy. I am tempted to build Master Hand as my next major project as the plans in Edgar J March's Sailing Trawlers book are excellent and she has a strong East Anglian connection so I'll do some planning while I complete my current car which is a 1930 Singer Light Six saloon.
IMG_0739.JPG

Back