Hello from yet another Texan!

Hello from a very hot north Texas!
I actually joined back in December but have been quietly lurking and learning, as well as admiring the craftsmanship of SOS members.
While I don’t expect to match the quality of what I see here, I have been convinced by my autistic son to build the ZHL 1:50 Black Pearl. He is a huge fan of the series and I just couldn’t refuse.

You came to the right place!!! There is more information here about building Black Pearl models than anywhere on the internet!!! Welcome aboard!!!
This seems to be the only major forum that even allows posts concerning ZHL models. I’ve seen the build logs of the Black Pearl here and I’m sure they will be invaluable.
Ah! I have something in common with at least one member here. A Pink Floyd fan I see! Absolute musical genius, but you either get it, or you don’t.

I’ve seen the build logs of the Black Pearl here and I’m sure they will be invaluable.
So you should read this thread top to bottom for the whole story on the history of Black Pearl model building across the world. At lot of time went into this blog and may help you understand why SoS is one of the few places you will find logs of this very popular fantasy ship. Also, we have yet a 3rd Pink Floyd fan on the forum. One of the moderators... see if you can spot him...

Welcome. It is very hot in North Texas today....100. Hotter tomorrow and Tuesday. I have been listening to Pink Floyd since the early 70's.

So you should read this thread top to bottom for the whole story on the history of Black Pearl model building across the world. At lot of time went into this blog and may help you understand why SoS is one of the few places you will find logs of this very popular fantasy ship. Also, we have yet a 3rd Pink Floyd fan on the forum. One of the moderators... see if you can spot him...

Wow! This is some great info! I just scanned it so far but the link to mellpapa’s site is pure gold!

Welcome. It is very hot in North Texas today....100. Hotter tomorrow and Tuesday. I have been listening to Pink Floyd since the early 70's.
Hello Kent! You have me beat by a few years. I became a serious fan in the mid\late 70’s. You live in Texas too, or just looked up the weather here?

Welcome from Oklahoma!

What part of North Texas. Always looking for builders near me!

Kurt K
Oklahoma City
Hi Kurt, I live in McKinney, about 30 miles north of Dallas. It’s a couple hundred miles from you. Just a good Sunday drive!

I live in Frisco. Another new member lives in McKinney also.
There seems to be quite a concentration of builders in our area huh? Just a quick scan of the "Introduce Your" thread shows Texas to be well represented.

Back