Hello I need some advice

Hello everyone, I don't know where to post this I hope I am in the right place. I am new to ship modeling and I have been waiting to buy my first model for a long time and I finally did the HMS Endeavour by Artesania Latina 1/60 scale.
Now...I have a huge problem. The kit is missing two parts. Going from the parts list it's part No 17 (Fore Crotch) and part No 18 (Alt counter)
I'm just wondering where I can get these two parts from? Can anyone help please.

Ed

Hi ,welcome aboard!

Unfortunately AL is closed and seized operation last year so there is no customer support

Hi ,welcome aboard!

Unfortunately AL is closed and seized operation last year so there is no customer support
Thank you Zoltan. Unfortunately Artesania Latina are no more. I got this kit from a private seller for a very good price and no fault of the seller, there are two parts missing
The only way how to do it is try to make it yourself based on plans. Maybe post here pictures of these parts and we can help you produce them somehow.
Thanks Matus, I'll have to make these parts myself maybe from Balsa...not easy but that's life. It looks like they are molded parts. Need to make No 17 and 18. 17 is not a problem the challenge will be with part No 18.

Pic 1.jpgPic 2.jpgPic 3.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Thank you all for the welcome. I have completed the frame and am currently making the bow out of balsa wood. When I get around to it I will post some pics in the appropriate section of the forum.Thumbsup

Hello everyone, I don't know where to post this I hope I am in the right place. I am new to ship modeling and I have been waiting to buy my first model for a long time and I finally did the HMS Endeavour by Artesania Latina 1/60 scale.
Now...I have a huge problem. The kit is missing two parts. Going from the parts list it's part No 17 (Fore Crotch) and part No 18 (Alt counter)
I'm just wondering where I can get these two parts from? Can anyone help please.

Ed

Dear Ed,
I have some experience in carpentry, what I would suggest is the part 17 is a simple L 90 degree profile, rotated clockwise 180 degrees where what I have I marked in orange part has been sanded, tacked, nailed , clamped or glue to fit. I assume the model maker (Artesenal) would use as much readily available off-the-shelf product and use the most simple and skilled labour free method of constructing his parts.
You mentioned "molded"- do you mean constructed like an architectural moulding like here made using either a moulding router bit or moulding plane?

Attachments

• part 17.jpg
    part 17.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 14
Dear Ed,
I have some experience in carpentry, what I would suggest is the part 17 is a simple L 90 degree profile, rotated clockwise 180 degrees where what I have I marked in orange part has been sanded, tacked, nailed , clamped or glue to fit. I assume the model maker (Artesenal) would use as much readily available off-the-shelf product and use the most simple and skilled labour free method of constructing his parts.
You mentioned "molded"- do you mean constructed like an architectural moulding like here made using either a moulding router bit or moulding plane?
Thank you for your suggestion. I have already made part No 17 with no problem. The hard part is No 18 because the lack of dimensions that the drawing gives. I will attempt to make it out of balsa wood when time permits.

Ed

Hallo Ed , alias @Orion ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Welcome Orion...
Hope you have solved your dilemma about the missing parts. Usually these things can be satisfactorily built if you have the ship at hand. Sounds like you have found a way (hopefully..)
Good luck... Why don't you start a build log (if you haven't already done so..). We love pictures.!!
Cheers...

Back