Hello my friends

I am planning on restoring a model ship built by my great grandfather, that would be Ed. Family legend is that he sailed as a cabin-boy at the age of eight. We believe he retired from the sea some 10 or 12 years later to marry and make sure that I would be born someday. I am grateful for his thoughtfulness so I wish to do a nice a job of restoration. The ship is humble. More folk art than builder/craftsman. It served as a boy's toy for 3 generations so it needs lots of work.

I'm looking forward to seeing some photos and following your progress!

first of all a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
We all will try to help you in your great project restoring such a model.
Please show us the model in several photos, so we are able to get an impression.
And maybe it would be best to start a building log of this restoration...

I am planning on restoring a model ship built by my great grandfather, that would be Ed. Family legend is that he sailed as a cabin-boy at the age of eight. We believe he retired from the sea some 10 or 12 years later to marry and make sure that I would be born someday. I am grateful for his thoughtfulness so I wish to do a nice a job of restoration. The ship is humble. More folk art than builder/craftsman. It served as a boy's toy for 3 generations so it needs lots of work.
Hallo @Koome
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back