Hello there!

Hello, My name is Eric, I'm 29. I am French, living in Belgium.

I am very new to the hobby, I am looking for a model to built for newbie, and one week ago, I bought a "Norske-Love" model that is in a bad state. So I think to start with that.
Of course I will need help and advices, that is what I am here.

Looking forward to reading you!

Welcome aboard. It sounds like the "Norsk Love" model that you bought has already been started, yes? It is sometimes a bad way to learn the right way to build a model and you have to overcome the many problems that went into the beginning construction, that it is often easier to start with a new model. Then once you have learned how to build it correctly you can then re-do the other and have it come out as a better model. Other peoples mistakes, more often than not, only confuse the new builder. That said, good luck with your project - hope to see pictures of your progress.

Welcome aboard SOS, Eric! Guess what? You are in the right place, and we are really happy to know that youngsters like you are interested in build models. I am sure we have the right crew to answer your questions and help you out with jump start. Take a look at our beginner's corner. We prepare some articles worth checking.

Also, we suggest starting a build log. This is where actual interaction with members will happen. Your questions (if any) will be answered in no time. Also, it is easy to understand from pictures.

again, we are happy to have you on board. Happy Modeling!

Hallo Eric,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
To get advice and help - best is to start a building log ......

Hello, My name is Eric, I'm 29. I am French, living in Belgium.

I am very new to the hobby, I am looking for a model to built for newbie, and one week ago, I bought a "Norske-Love" model that is in a bad state. So I think to start with that.
Of course I will need help and advices, that is what I am here.

Looking forward to reading you!
Welcome aboard!

Thank you all for your answers! Indeed it's the "Norsk Love" (wrong spelling) I think the hull is correct, except the gilt on the back of the ship (sorry I don't have all the ship vocabulary in english yet). and of course the rigging wich is the most damaged part. I will make a thread to show you the project.

Welcome to SOS Eric, Greetings from Norway, the ship you are going to build was in service when Norway was subject to Denmark.-

Greetings all. Sadly, I will be of little help as I am a scratch builder rather than using a kit. I make 75% of the parts, at times more. I am currently working on the Greek Bireme and find the information from a 2017 build, although a kit most helpful as the plans are mostly worthless. I've only gotten the keel, filler block at the stern and frames assembled so I have a long, long way to go. If anyone has more information concerning the building of this ship, I certainly will appreciate looking at it. Regards, a 79 year old from Vancouver, WA.

Greetings all. Sadly, I will be of little help as I am a scratch builder rather than using a kit. I make 75% of the parts, at times more. I am currently working on the Greek Bireme and find the information from a 2017 build, although a kit most helpful as the plans are mostly worthless. I've only gotten the keel, filler block at the stern and frames assembled so I have a long, long way to go. If anyone has more information concerning the building of this ship, I certainly will appreciate looking at it. Regards, a 79 year old from Vancouver, WA.
Hallo @mrmoon5764
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Would be great if you would start a building log of your Bireme - it would be very interesting to see your work.
This area would be the best:
or if you want to show you status of your work you could post it here:
I am looking forward .......

Back