Hello

Hello,
I think I have this the wrong way round. Should probably have done this first, before diving in.
I am an ex-merchant navy officer and delivery skipper, through the 1970s and 80s +. I have now been a shipwright/boatbuilder for 30+ years. I am now repairing and restoring old wooden dinghies, as well as re-building a WW2 airborne lifeboat, in a small coastal village in North Norfolk, UK. I also design boats and dabble, when time permits, in a bit of scratch build modelling. I built a model of the Thames sailing barge "Remercie" from lines that I took while I owned her in the early 1970s. I called the project "my labour exchange". It takes a long time, just as you're enjoying yourself, the phone rings and you have a paid job to do.

I would also like to warmly welcome you to the forum and have fun.

Thank you. That's the plan, interest and fun - A winning formula.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello,
I think I have this the wrong way round. Should probably have done this first, before diving in.
I am an ex-merchant navy officer and delivery skipper, through the 1970s and 80s +. I have now been a shipwright/boatbuilder for 30+ years. I am now repairing and restoring old wooden dinghies, as well as re-building a WW2 airborne lifeboat, in a small coastal village in North Norfolk, UK. I also design boats and dabble, when time permits, in a bit of scratch build modelling. I built a model of the Thames sailing barge "Remercie" from lines that I took while I owned her in the early 1970s. I called the project "my labour exchange". It takes a long time, just as you're enjoying yourself, the phone rings and you have a paid job to do.
Hallo @JayOh
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello,
Welcome to the forum. Visited North Walsham a couple of weeks ago.
Great forum with a very supportive group of modellers

Back