Hello!

I have just joined this group and am just getting back into ship and boat building. I took a few decades off to focus on my other hobby: model railroading. I have finished a model railroad layout in a spare room in my house that includes a wharf scene. I scratch built a waterline model of a two-mast schooner to highlight the scene. I have recently built a banks dory in 1/4" scale and am now working on a Swampscott dory in 1/2" scale. I thought building a few boats would help me get back into the nautical frame of mind.
I look forward to many days of building and reading about other folks efforts.
Cheers!
Pete

Schooner in Wiscasset.JPG

Nice wharf scene for the railroad. I am also one of many here that do model railroad and ship building as multi skilled folks.

Is you RR in HO scale?

My railroad is in O scale, but On30 to represent the Maine 2-ft gauge Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington in 1925. The Wharf is in the town of Wiscasset. Schooners would dock here to ship out sawn lumber from the area to Portland, Boston and other east coast ports.
Pete

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

My railroad is in O scale, but On30 to represent the Maine 2-ft gauge Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington in 1925. The Wharf is in the town of Wiscasset. Schooners would dock here to ship out sawn lumber from the area to Portland, Boston and other east coast ports.
Pete
Awesome! I lived in Wiscasset for many years (since 1959) as well as Bath down the road a whee bit. Graduated from Morse High in 1967. Live in Virginia now (retired military). Anyway, my Dad was into the model railroad hobby...HO scale. He has since passed and I inherited all of his hobby tools. The trains and track went to my younger cousin. I focus on model ship building. But your depiction of the Wiscasset wharf brings back warm and fond memories. That railroad still exists today and they used to run an occasional scenic tourist trip out of Bath up the line...at least this was so a few years ago. The water line ship looks fantastic. Thanks for posting!

I have just joined this group and am just getting back into ship and boat building. I took a few decades off to focus on my other hobby: model railroading. I have finished a model railroad layout in a spare room in my house that includes a wharf scene. I scratch built a waterline model of a two-mast schooner to highlight the scene. I have recently built a banks dory in 1/4" scale and am now working on a Swampscott dory in 1/2" scale. I thought building a few boats would help me get back into the nautical frame of mind.
I look forward to many days of building and reading about other folks efforts.
Cheers!
Pete
Hallo @Pete Leach
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back