Help fitting R/c to Amati Riva Aquarama

Hi,

I'm building the Amati Italian runabout 1:10 scale (Riva Aquarama). I'm at the point in the instructions where it suggests dry run fitting of the motors, rudders and servo. Even before it is planked I have found difficulty in fitting the component parts in the hull and this is even before any planking is started. I have been putting my fingers through the sides of the boat to position the fittings but this will eventually be planked over. The suggestion is for the motors, rudders, control arms and r/c gear to then be removed before starting any planking. I personally think the instructions are aimed at building a static model and the r/c is a by the way and therefore not much detail or advice about this aspect. Has anyone any experience of trying to fit the control arms and control rods for the rudders and servos after completing the planking? Is there a better way? Also I would like any advice about gluing the strips and waterproofing the hull without spoiling the natural mahogany finish. It is my first model that uses planking rather than plywood sheeting. I have found some glues leave a marks on the mahogany and therefore spoil the beautiful wood varnish finish.

Thank you in advance. Cheers Duncan Platt

Attachments

• 1st of rudder assembly.jpg
    1st of rudder assembly.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 2nd view from above.jpg
    2nd view from above.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 3rd from the side.jpg
    3rd from the side.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 4th from side.jpg