HELP SOS !! LOOKING FOR RIGGING PLANS FOR CONSTRUCTO GRIMSBY

First off, thanks so very much for allowing me to become a member. I started model ship building around 25 years ago and completed 3 ships over a 3 year period. My first ship was the Constructo Grimsby, and for my very first attempt, I was rather enthralled with the finished product and I was then hooked re this wonderful hobby!! I then built the San Fransisco, the Half Moon and of course the Santa Maria, (I will forward pics of the above).
I had the ships displayed on a shelf and one night I had some people over and someone, by mistake knocked the Grimsby off the shelf much to my horror! The masts were destroyed and of course countless hours of rigging. This happened about 5 years ago, and I finally decided to have a go at repairing the ship, only to realize, I don't have the sheet plan for the configuration of the rigging, so I'm buggered as they say!

Would ANYONE perhaps have this sheet that would be so kind as to letting me have a copy or even the origins that they have no use for anymore. I'd be eternally grateful as I had promised this ship to my son one day and would love to pass it on in pristine condition...

Thanking you all so sincerely, Hoping to hear from you soon,
Trevor M,

IMG-2108.JPGIMG-2109.JPG

First off, thanks so very much for allowing me to become a member. I started model ship building around 25 years ago and completed 3 ships over a 3 year period. My first ship was the Constructo Grimsby, and for my very first attempt, I was rather enthralled with the finished product and I was then hooked re this wonderful hobby!! I then built the San Fransisco, the Half Moon and of course the Santa Maria, (I will forward pics of the above).
I had the ships displayed on a shelf and one night I had some people over and someone, by mistake knocked the Grimsby off the shelf much to my horror! The masts were destroyed and of course countless hours of rigging. This happened about 5 years ago, and I finally decided to have a go at repairing the ship, only to realize, I don't have the sheet plan for the configuration of the rigging, so I'm buggered as they say!

Would ANYONE perhaps have this sheet that would be so kind as to letting me have a copy or even the origins that they have no use for anymore. I'd be eternally grateful as I had promised this ship to my son one day and would love to pass it on in pristine condition...

Thanking you all so sincerely, Hoping to hear from you soon,
Trevor M,

View attachment 275217View attachment 275218
Your photos show a very well built and rigged model. Needless to ask how many hours that you may have spent in trying to move the broken spars back into place which would also reset some of the standing and running rigging as cookie trails to follow into the dark forest. I don't have any knowledge or leads other than trying to contact CONSTRUCTO directly which you likely have already done. Good luck to you as you voyage in the dark. Rich (PT-2)

Your photos show a very well built and rigged model. Needless to ask how many hours that you may have spent in trying to move the broken spars back into place which would also reset some of the standing and running rigging as cookie trails to follow into the dark forest. I don't have any knowledge or leads other than trying to contact CONSTRUCTO directly which you likely have already done. Good luck to you as you voyage in the dark. Rich (PT-2)
A fast Google search using CONSTRUCTO and Grimsby turned up a possible lead. Try typing in:

HMS Grimsby by redeye - Constructo - 1:65​

There may be a rigging plan that you can negotiate there. Rich (PT-2)

Thanks PT2, cant seem to find an official constructo website, you are right though, if I find the rigging plans, this might have to be a rig-re-build!!

Thanks PT2, cant seem to find an official constructo website, you are right though, if I find the rigging plans, this might have to be a rig-re-build!!
Try this round-about link that came up for CONSTRUCTO who may have gone through an ownership or name change:
Rich

Back