HELP SOS!! RIGGING PLANS FOR THE CONSTRUCTO GRIMSBY!!

First off, thanks so very much for allowing me to become a member. I started model ship building around 25 years ago and completed 3 ships over a 3 year period. My first ship was the Constructo Grimsby, and for my very first attempt, I was rather enthralled with the finished product and I was then hooked re this wonderful hobby!! I then built the San Fransisco, the Half Moon and of course the Santa Maria.
I had the ships displayed on a shelf and one night I had some people over and someone, by mistake knocked the Grimsby off the shelf much to my horror! The masts were destroyed and of course countless hours of rigging. This happened about 5 years ago, and I finally decided to have a go at repairing the ship, only to realize, I don't have the sheet plan for the configuration of the rigging, so I'm buggered as they say!

Would ANYONE perhaps have this sheet that would be so kind as to letting me have a copy or even the origins that they have no use for anymore. I'd be eternally grateful as I had promised this ship to my son one day and would love to pass it on in pristine condition...

Thanking you all so sincerely, Hoping to hear from you soon,
Trevor M

IMG-2108.JPGIMG-2109.JPG

our member @Sea Burd built the Grimbsky once and he has definitely the rigging plan....maybe he can help with detailed photos?

F8C9E025-7B7F-44B5-8545-292251E30373.jpeg

Welcome to the Best Ship Forum out there, yes, I have both sheets of plans, A friend owns a Cabinet shop locally, I’ll see if he still can photo copy both sheets for you On his blueprint copy machine.
maybe this will get me going on my Grimsby again. Lol, Leme see what I can do on the plans!!
id love to see some more pics of your model, you painted yours too, it changes the whole look.

Last edited:
I contacted Model Expo about a year ago, all plans and kits are gone, I needed some Sapelly I had to make it. Till I get the plans copied, here you go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 50
Thanks so very much Sea Burd, I'd be eternally grateful!!! I definitely will fire off some pics of my ships to you for some inspiration!! PLease keep me posted!!

Thanks so very much Sea Burd, I'd be eternally grateful!!! I definitely will fire off some pics of my ships to you for some inspiration!! PLease keep me posted!!
But please the pics not only for @Sea Burd , you should post them here in the forum - we are all looking forward

Your kit looks like my kit, the earlier kits didn’t have the curves stairs up to the sec deck. But yes, more Pics.
I see 2 cannon in the Bow area, are they there from the accident, my plane don’t show cannons up there?

Is your ship from Constructo?
my kit just has 6 on the main deck. Only on the main deck, 3 you can see. 3 under the upper deck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I’d doesn’t look like you have the Bow cannons rigged off there. I don’t think there’s room there.

No there wasnt, but it pretty much worked out in the end, just have to give the ship a good clean, new rigging and then ready for sailing!!!

Here’s a couple of pics of the Bow area, and look at the spiral stairs,
i should have added another step, but it doesn’t look rite, looks like 2 awkward landings coming down to the spiral stairs. Here’s a pic from the Web of another build, not mine.

01C562AA-C02F-402B-BF65-05E3522E4450.png762E1234-819B-4646-BF24-95EA78AD75E8.png

I’ll be going to get you a copy of the one sheet next week. They have been closed for the holiday. Pm me your address. I have a PayPal, shipping to Canada might be a little.

Thanks so very much I really do appreciate it. How do I private message you my address?

Back