Help!

I am eager (close to desperate) to find the plans of 'De Crone', a Brandenburger luxury yacht given to Peter the Great by Friedrich Wilchelm in 1716. If anyone knows about the wherebauts or access to its plans (most likely from Russia) please PM me. I am happy to pay a reasonable price for the plans. They should be detailed, hull, decks, carvings, the lot. The site 'www.shipmodels.com.ua' offers the model ready built with casr bronze decorations but this is not what I want. I tried to approached them but no response.
Thanks in advance!
Janos

Hallo Janos,

I asked a german friend to help, who knows more or less all (european) drawings available - if somebody knows something, than I think he is the person.

In a german forum - many thanks to my german friends - I got an additional link showing the beautiful model of the

http://www.shipmodels.ru/model/eng/80/

and another modeler replied in this way:

Ich weiss nicht ob das Schiff nie existiert hat, aber es existiert nicht im Netz. Es gibt bei diese Name nur nur ein Link, und das ist die obengenannte Link nach dierer modelbau-site.
Im NMM befindet sich ein plan (nur ein Schnitt) eines Jacht namnes Caroline (Jahr 1719)
Vieleicht gibt es mehr von dieses Schiff. Fast alle Englische Jachten rund 1700 im Netz sind kleiner als Royal caroline (1749), und sehen viel mehr aus wie ein Hollaendisches Statenjacht.
The superstructure is of a kind I never saw before, Royal Caroline has a superstructure running full width, also the drawing of Carolina (1719) shows the superstructure running full width of the ship.
The ports (round, wreathed, guilded etc) does remind me very much of the Van der Velde 'Saudadoes' drawing, but that type of yachts is years earlier than 1715.
[edit: I found another Van der velde drawing in the NMM archioves of saudadoes: that one shows a cabin on the aft deck, just as in this model. I revise my conclusion: perhaps it is essentially a model of Saudadoes, and advertised as an other ship
see here: https://collections.rmg.co.uk/collection...cts/141798.html ]

Actually, without seeing some 'proof of existence' I'm incline to think that this one is a made-up ship (but, without any doubt: nice model...)

Jan

Uwe und Jan
Recht schönen Dank fü Eure Hilfe, es sieht daß dieses Schiff war nur ein Fantasie-Schiff, nie gelebt, vielleicht das ist die Ursache daß unsere Russischen Freunde nie geantwortet haben.
Recht schönen Dank wieder mal!
Janos

Uwe and Jan
Thank you very much for your help. It looks like this ship never existed, it was just made up. Probably this was the reason that our Russischen Friends have never answered.
Again, thank you very much!
Janos

Let us wait and see......I got now the contact to the builder of the model via a friend - he will send what he had as basis for this model

Back