Here I am again to learn something about boat building - Cá estou, de novo, para aprender alguma coisa sobre construção de barcos.

Já tinha construido alguns pequenos barcos, sem grande exigência, para os meus netos. Recentemente, atrevi-me a construir uma reprodução da caravela Nina, do Cristóvao Colombo, a partir de fotos e gravuras que fui obtendo na net, tendo executado todas as componentes do modelo a partir do zero e portanto com pouco rigor. No entanto, com a obra finalizada e criticada pelos familiares acabei por considerar que estava bastante aceitável. Anexo 3 fotos como exemplo. Futuramente, espero vir a construir um ou mais modelos mais rigorosos, com o auxílio de planos, mas gostaria sempre de o fazer a partir dos materiais em bruto. Se me puderem indicar alguma forma de os obter, ficaria grato.

I had already built some small boats, without much demand, for my grandchildren. Recently, I dared to build a reproduction of the caravel Nina, by Cristóvao Colombo, from photos and prints that I obtained on the net, having executed all the components of the model from scratch and therefore with little rigor. However, with the work finished and criticized by family members, I ended up considering it to be quite acceptable. Attached 3 photos as an example. In the future, I hope to build one or more more rigorous models, with the help of plans, but I would always like to do it from raw materials. If you can tell me how to get them, I would be grateful.

IMG_20210405_100504.jpgIMG_20210405_100512.jpgIMG_20210405_100534.jpg

Great job on the model Jose. To do that from scratch shows that you obviously have the proper tools for the hobby. As for building materials, check out any lumber or furniture manufacturing shops. Also look around for any old pieces of furniture which someone has discarded to cut up. There is a lot of good pieces of wood out there waiting to be gathered up by modelers. Another thing to keep an eye out for is any old costume jewelry which is good for chain, eye bolts, etc. Spend enough time in this hobby, and you will develop an eye for all sorts of things to be used.

Jim

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Já tinha construido alguns pequenos barcos, sem grande exigência, para os meus netos. Recentemente, atrevi-me a construir uma reprodução da caravela Nina, do Cristóvao Colombo, a partir de fotos e gravuras que fui obtendo na net, tendo executado todas as componentes do modelo a partir do zero e portanto com pouco rigor. No entanto, com a obra finalizada e criticada pelos familiares acabei por considerar que estava bastante aceitável. Anexo 3 fotos como exemplo. Futuramente, espero vir a construir um ou mais modelos mais rigorosos, com o auxílio de planos, mas gostaria sempre de o fazer a partir dos materiais em bruto. Se me puderem indicar alguma forma de os obter, ficaria grato.

I had already built some small boats, without much demand, for my grandchildren. Recently, I dared to build a reproduction of the caravel Nina, by Cristóvao Colombo, from photos and prints that I obtained on the net, having executed all the components of the model from scratch and therefore with little rigor. However, with the work finished and criticized by family members, I ended up considering it to be quite acceptable. Attached 3 photos as an example. In the future, I hope to build one or more more rigorous models, with the help of plans, but I would always like to do it from raw materials. If you can tell me how to get them, I would be grateful.
Hola Jose, alias @Jose Viegas
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Jose Viegas
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back