Hermione La Fayette [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very nice build, we are waiting for new pictures of your build. Is this Artesania Latina kit? We have a couple of build logs of the same model. If interested, please take a look.

by member Mesis:

by member Charles QC:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/artesia-hermione-lafayette-the-old-kit.3602/#post-70852

thanks for your kind words about my rigging, are you sure it is mine you are talking about as i am only just getting used to this forum and it could be someone else you have been looking at.P1030736.JPGP1030736.JPGP1030737.JPGP1030738.JPGP1030739.JPG the stern sail rigging needs to be tighten yet not happy with it as it is,but i must keep telling myself it does not have to be taught but looks better.

Finished, just name plate and possibly the crew members to go aboard. really enjoyed doing this but a rest from ships now,my next will be Amati wells fargo coach for something different. what have i learnt, patience (lots of it) rig as much as the spars and mast as you can before placing them on, double check instructions with plan frequently especially the mast heights measurementsP1030755.JPGP1030762.JPGP1030763.JPGP1030764.JPGP1030771.JPGP1030773.JPG.
WATER2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo @carp ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy the day
Birthday-Cake
PS: Hope see much more of your work.....

Nice build! Hope mine comes out that nice. Just started building the upper deck cannons. Got a ways to go. I was trying to decide early on as to paint or clear coat. I decided to paint but it really slows you down waiting on parts to dry or waiting on second coat etc. I like it painted but really adds to to work.

Finished mine also with the optional crew members. Painting them up was a bit tedious but I am glad I dit it all. They are a nice touch. I also agree it was a fun build!

Back