Hi Everyone

Retirement beckons and a real passion for all things maritime since reading and re-reading the captivating works of Patrick O'Brian. Regrettably, most of my experience is in the world of aeronautics, with a little general kit modelling practice accumulated over the years. Unfortunately, I'm am also a bit of a perfectionist, which can be problematic when trying to recreate miniatures to the required standard! Following a little online research, I settled on building the Victory Models 'Lady Nelson' as an initial foray into this fascinating hobby. She appears to be progressing quite well, with the first and second planking now complete and the deck layed. To my joy, I recently discovered 'Ships of Scale' and what a fabulous source of knowledge, encouragement and enthusiasm it is. I look forward to conversing with you all in the future and hopefully I am able to contribute to the site in some small way.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard; We love to see pics of builds so if you would start a Lady Nelson Build in the kit or scratch build forums then we could all gain information on your methods and means of building. A lot of people use the build logs to help themselves to get over problems or increase their skills in building so you would be doing a great service to us all.
Enjoy and have fun

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome, and good luck with your project, Victory Models 'Lady Nelson', regards-

Retirement beckons and a real passion for all things maritime since reading and re-reading the captivating works of Patrick O'Brian. Regrettably, most of my experience is in the world of aeronautics, with a little general kit modelling practice accumulated over the years. Unfortunately, I'm am also a bit of a perfectionist, which can be problematic when trying to recreate miniatures to the required standard! Following a little online research, I settled on building the Victory Models 'Lady Nelson' as an initial foray into this fascinating hobby. She appears to be progressing quite well, with the first and second planking now complete and the deck layed. To my joy, I recently discovered 'Ships of Scale' and what a fabulous source of knowledge, encouragement and enthusiasm it is. I look forward to conversing with you all in the future and hopefully I am able to contribute to the site in some small way.
Dear @Nemo56
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Nemo56
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back