Hi From Boettie

Hi all My name is Steve and i reside in Cornwall uk , I have been in modelling for many years to my credit is RC Smit Nederland Kit, a US paddle steam kit and a sail kit who's name i have forgot, on the plastic side there is Bismark and a few other planes and tank, a few helicopter. being an engineer i have built a 2cyl 4 stroke engine from scratch plans. but age is catch up and long evenings in the Garage on my feet is catching me up so back to my plastic models present is HMS Ark Royal 1939 1/350 with upgrade kit as my wifes dad was on board when it was torpedoed. i am finding photo etch extremely difficult and it is a vertical learning curve, i am also looking at making my own parts using salt electrolysis method. I then have the HMS Prince of Wales on the shelf and now the HMS Victory by Mantua 1/200. the 1/200 seemed to be around the same size as my 1/350 plastic ones so seemed a good start. but after readning your site i am not sure my choice was the best as there is no threads on any one building one. my first choice was the Occre 1/72 special edition but the cost and my expertise right now i decided to break my teeth on something smaller and build up to larger scale later. Any enough for now happy building to all

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back