Hi from Bonny Scotland

Good evening all

Many thanks for the add,,,, I have built models for more years than I can remember and recently decided on a change,,,, hence.... here I am...

I am new to the wood medium and apart from a couple of small practice pieces haven't worked in wood before,, however I have built more plastic and resin models than I care to remember... so please bear with me on some of the "questions I will ask".

I have alsways admired the workmanship that goes into the building of these masterpieces,, and as I was looking for a long term project, I have decided this is it.....

After a lot of reading and searching I decided on two ships,,, I'm a glutton for punishment... the Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon and HMS Diana from Nelsons Navy have been delivered..... so guess what I'm doing for the next 20 years......

My wife took one look at them and asked me where I'm going to put them,,, not my problem,, my hobby is buiding,,, once complete they are her ornaments,,, so her problem.... it still hurts

Anyway,,,, here I am and many thanks for including me in this excellent site

Jim

Welcome aboard SOS, Jim! We hope you will have a great time! looking forward to your build log. Meanwhile, if you don't mind, you can share with us some of your past models! Have fun...

Hallo Jim,
a warm welcome also from my side - We all will try to help and assist when necessary and requested.
You made a very good decision with your two Jotike / Caldercraft kits. First of all the quality of the kits are very good and detailed.
And with your modeling experience and patience, you will be able to make good models of the Diana and Agamemnon.
The best way to learn and get assistance will be, when you start a building log and show your actual progress. this is a good way to get hints and comments, and you can mention your questions.......

I made already once a kit-review of the Agamemnon

There are also some book available, which could be helpful, in addition to hints and tutorials etc. our forum, to learn the necessary techniques and methods.
Take a look f.e. here:

We wish you a lot of fun with your "new" hobby and with our forum

Many thanks for the welcome folk,,.... Uwek,, thanks for the book information,,, that should keep me up at night for a while

The Agamemnon is first,,, as soon as I start a log will be created,,, then the questions,,,,

Thank you all

JT

Good evening all

Many thanks for the add,,,, I have built models for more years than I can remember and recently decided on a change,,,, hence.... here I am...

I am new to the wood medium and apart from a couple of small practice pieces haven't worked in wood before,, however I have built more plastic and resin models than I care to remember... so please bear with me on some of the "questions I will ask".

I have alsways admired the workmanship that goes into the building of these masterpieces,, and as I was looking for a long term project, I have decided this is it.....

After a lot of reading and searching I decided on two ships,,, I'm a glutton for punishment... the Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon and HMS Diana from Nelsons Navy have been delivered..... so guess what I'm doing for the next 20 years......

My wife took one look at them and asked me where I'm going to put them,,, not my problem,, my hobby is buiding,,, once complete they are her ornaments,,, so her problem.... it still hurts

Anyway,,,, here I am and many thanks for including me in this excellent site

Jim
Hallo Jim alias @JamesT
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back