Hi from Dublin Ireland

Hi. Came across this forum quite by accident but very timely as I am just finishing off Artesania Latina’s Mare Nostrum and have been given their Virginia for Christmas. If anyone has (a) any guidance on where/how the mast stays on the MN are fixed to the mast it would be great - I just can’t work it out from the photos and instructions. Also if anyone has any tips on potential pitfalls / wrong turnings when building Virginia they would be much appreciated.

Try doing a forum search for the ship names and you will probably find some ship builds here. A picture of the stays you are referring to or from the plans might help as well. Enjoy this community, everyone is very helpful.

Many thanks Re Mare Nostrum. Connected with Parick S and it looks like a gitch in the instructions. He’s advised how he managed it which is great. For any future builders of kit, worth taking corrective action before installing mast. Thanks Again and best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. Quentin

A couple of years ago an article appeared in the Nautical Research Journal entitled something like, "making a mouse on a stay". This article will give a pretty detailed procedure on the ins and outs of stays.

Many thanks. Will check it out. Completed the final finicky bits on Mare Nostrum during the weekend going to make a start on the Virginia later today. That will be my introduction to more complex rigging.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board.
Would be very good, if you show us your build in a building log....

Hi. Came across this forum quite by accident but very timely as I am just finishing off Artesania Latina’s Mare Nostrum and have been given their Virginia for Christmas. If anyone has (a) any guidance on where/how the mast stays on the MN are fixed to the mast it would be great - I just can’t work it out from the photos and instructions. Also if anyone has any tips on potential pitfalls / wrong turnings when building Virginia they would be much appreciated.
Hallo @Catch23
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back