Hi from Northamptonshire UK

Good evening one and all.
I’ll firstly introduce myself as “Al’ “.
I’m an engineer not yet retired but does like to potter around and have a go at things. Having built a scale steam traction engine (coal fired) and a few rc aircraft, I decided my next venture would be something nice and relaxing so, a boat it was to be.. the boat in question?
An Occre Ulysess
I’ve yet to open the box of goodies as apparently fitting a new bathroom takes precedent. For those who are married, I know you understand.
I’m already looking at the various metal works wondering if I can copy/machine out of brass, we do like to see shiny things don’t we.
Anyway I’m very certain I’ll be hounding all of you for advice pertaining to my upcoming build, what motor to use etc.
Until such time, take it easy and speak to you all sometime soon..
Regards

Al’

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
When you start your Ulysess project, it would be good and helpful for you to start a building log.
So all members can follow your work, give hints and tipps and answer questions which will come up

Good evening one and all.
I’ll firstly introduce myself as “Al’ “.
I’m an engineer not yet retired but does like to potter around and have a go at things. Having built a scale steam traction engine (coal fired) and a few rc aircraft, I decided my next venture would be something nice and relaxing so, a boat it was to be.. the boat in question?
An Occre Ulysess
I’ve yet to open the box of goodies as apparently fitting a new bathroom takes precedent. For those who are married, I know you understand.
I’m already looking at the various metal works wondering if I can copy/machine out of brass, we do like to see shiny things don’t we.
Anyway I’m very certain I’ll be hounding all of you for advice pertaining to my upcoming build, what motor to use etc.
Until such time, take it easy and speak to you all sometime soon..
Regards

Al’
Al presumably thats a tug and not a sailing Galleon which is wot I love ?
Regards ian

1DERFFLINGER_Fluyt_1.jpg

Welcome!!
Here you will find new friends, building partners, lots of advice and peace...
You will also find ways to spend money because there are so many cool tools, aftermarket items, cottage industry manufacturers and KITS!!!
Most of all, common sense likeminded individuals from many walks of life to talk you off the cliff when challenged...
And bathrooms take an incredible amount of time and money for such small square footage....
Steve

Here are some ships by time period:

1695772557817.png
Adler von Lübeck - Mid 16th century - Renaissance period warship

1695768879056.png
San Martin - Late 16th century galleon

1695769466228.png
La Couronne - Early 17th century, Baroque era man-of-war

1695769059321.png
Prinz Willem - Mid 17th century cargo ship converted for war

1695769563433.png
Soleil Royal - Late 17th century warship