Hi from Norwich, UK

Thanks for adding me and I hope you're all staying safe. Having spent most of my life in the Royal Navy, I've always had a liking for all things nautical and due to being 'stuck onboard' for the foreseeable, I thought the time was right to build my first ship. I've done a lot of modelling, plastic/card kits etc, and due to working full time (I now teach in a prison), have always put it off....until now. I thought a good intro would be one of the Occre kits and I'm tempted by the Bounty Launch, nothing too adventurous but something to give me a good learning curve. Any thoughts on the model and its level of difficulty for a beginner? Thanks and I look forward to hearing any advice.

Hallo @Jack Dusty ,
and a warm welcome here on board of our forum and also wooden ship modeling.
The Bounty Launch is not a bad idea to start this interesting hobby.
A nice smaller project in big scale with 1:24, relatively less rigging and also the planking job is not so bih.
So you will have a very good learning curve with this model. Doing everything (learning construction methods) but not getting boring .
And if you start the building of this or any other model - start a building log, so we can help and assist when ever necessary and requested.
Have fun

Hallo @Jack Dusty ,
and a warm welcome here on board of our forum and also wooden ship modeling.
The Bounty Launch is not a bad idea to start this interesting hobby.
A nice smaller project in big scale with 1:24, relatively less rigging and also the planking job is not so bih.
So you will have a very good learning curve with this model. Doing everything (learning construction methods) but not getting boring .
And if you start the building of this or any other model - start a building log, so we can help and assist when ever necessary and requested.
Have fun
Many thanks Uwek, thats great to read. Ordered it today so in the hands of Amazon and the 'postie'. Once received I'll start a build log, as advised. Cheers

Hello Jack and welcome to this website! Staying safe is the name of the game right about now, Plenty of time get some enjoyable work accomplished. I'd say that this year looks like we've all got a 20/20 shot at making it to 2021 LOL. Look forward to seeing your work. Ship-1

Hello Jack and welcome to this website! Staying safe is the name of the game right about now, Plenty of time get some enjoyable work accomplished. I'd say that this year looks like we've all got a 20/20 shot at making it to 2021 LOL. Look forward to seeing your work. Ship-1
Many thanks and fingers crossed for all of those outcomes !

Welcome aboard SOS, Jack! Looking forward to see the build progress of Bounty Launch, hopefully in your build log ;)

Good boat to start with - will look forward to seeing your progress!
Hope it's a bit warmer down in Norwich than up here in Durham today - brass monkeys!

Ted

Good boat to start with - will look forward to seeing your progress!
Hope it's a bit warmer down in Norwich than up here in Durham today - brass monkeys!

Ted
Thanks Ted and probably just as bad. Sleet and hail here! Looking forward to making a start on it

Thanks for adding me and I hope you're all staying safe. Having spent most of my life in the Royal Navy, I've always had a liking for all things nautical and due to being 'stuck onboard' for the foreseeable, I thought the time was right to build my first ship. I've done a lot of modelling, plastic/card kits etc, and due to working full time (I now teach in a prison), have always put it off....until now. I thought a good intro would be one of the Occre kits and I'm tempted by the Bounty Launch, nothing too adventurous but something to give me a good learning curve. Any thoughts on the model and its level of difficulty for a beginner? Thanks and I look forward to hearing any advice.
Hallo @Jack Dusty ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back