Hi from Southampton UK

I have been marine modeling for forty years to a modest standard (slow progress as I am only into my fourth project during that time!). Retirement has now arrived and the pace has picked up a little and I am hoping to learn from those more skilled than myself.

Welcome aboard from an ex Sotonian, plenty of help and friendly advice on SOS, enjoy,
Best regards John,

I have been marine modeling for forty years to a modest standard (slow progress as I am only into my fourth project during that time!). Retirement has now arrived and the pace has picked up a little and I am hoping to learn from those more skilled than myself.
Welcome!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

Hallo @MarinerR
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @MarinerR
Birthday-Cake

Hi MarinerR
Hi I am working on a version of HMS Fly. Not sure I would have the confidence to do a log most of the members are super talented.

View attachment 330241

View attachment 330242
Hi MarinerR,
Looking at the two photos you have posted I think you also come under the skilful and talented members on here.
If I can post the rubbish I make then you should have no need to lack confidence at all.
So I think a build log will be ideal.

Hi MarineR

Do not feel intimidated by posting a log.There most definitely is NO snobbery or elitism on this forum.We all appreciate everyone is at different skill levels.

Having a log, gives other more experienced members the chance to offer you help and guidance.

BTW, your model looks good

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi I am working on a version of HMS Fly. Not sure I would have the confidence to do a log most of the members are super talented.

View attachment 330241

View attachment 330242
We are voting for your build log! Why not? Don't you notice that we don't have any competitions, we are a bunch of open mind enthusiasts and professionals. We are friendly and willing to help.

Hi Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I will certainly consider sharing when I start the rigging, but I usually lay up for the winter months as the garage gets a bit chilly!

Thanks to all the people who make this site work, I have found it worth more than a library full of reference books. Cheers.

Hallo @MarinerR
Birthday-Cake

Back