Hi ...from Sunny South Africa

So ..a few years back I built an AL kit of the Fulgaro ....and really enjoyed so much I went on to complete the Le Hussard and Santa Maria.
I left modeling for a while and surfed and fly-fished and raced dirt bikes.
Then in Covid lockdown I enjoyed a 3 month build of The Pursuer so much I've ordered the AL kits of the Marina .....the Marie Jean and the Marie Boise and also the Endeavours Longboat.
I've ordered this many kits so as to have them available As we have very limited available kits here in SA
....the AL KIT importer has been waiting for stock for a few months now !
I'm wanting to build up a collection of the Mediterranean fishing boats.
I find the 3 month builds ...working say 3 or so hours a day ....suit me best ..and I plan to take my time and concentrate on detail and neatness as best as possible
I must say that some of the detail achieved and skills displayed in build logs on this forum are truly inspirational ......

A warm welcome here on board of our forum.
I am looking forward to see your work on the actual project, maybe best with the use of a building log - you can start from the actual status of the model

Welcome aboard. I think this Covid thing has all of us spending a lot more time on our hobbies - but that;s a good thing to my way of thinking. Enjoy your stay here. And remember - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. There's a lot of people here who will help out any way they can.

raced dirt bikes
Welcome aboard Kenny!!!! I know you have the KTM300... that is a super nice bike!!! I have 4 dirt bikes and 2 quads myself...been riding my entire life!!!

The reason you having a hard time getting AL kits is because they nearly went out of business and moved production to Hong Kong. They are slowly coming back but still have many kits "out of stock". If you are interested in medetarranian ships you should check out Maris Stella... they have state-of-the-art kits!!!

Welcome Kenny... Hope you time here at SOS is everything you wish it to be. Lots to see and do. Take a few minutes and do some reading. You'll find a lot of good and helpful folks.

So ..a few years back I built an AL kit of the Fulgaro ....and really enjoyed so much I went on to complete the Le Hussard and Santa Maria.
I left modeling for a while and surfed and fly-fished and raced dirt bikes.
Then in Covid lockdown I enjoyed a 3 month build of The Pursuer so much I've ordered the AL kits of the Marina .....the Marie Jean and the Marie Boise and also the Endeavours Longboat.
I've ordered this many kits so as to have them available As we have very limited available kits here in SA
....the AL KIT importer has been waiting for stock for a few months now !
I'm wanting to build up a collection of the Mediterranean fishing boats.
I find the 3 month builds ...working say 3 or so hours a day ....suit me best ..and I plan to take my time and concentrate on detail and neatness as best as possible
I must say that some of the detail achieved and skills displayed in build logs on this forum are truly inspirational ......
Hallo @Kennyb
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back