Hi from UK

Hi there, just a short introduction. I'm a pensioner who started model ship building last October. I was in between hobbies, casting around for something new and saw a card model of the Black Pearl. The splurge said 'difficulty high' so I thought it would take me some time to build it. I completed it in two days. :(What a disappointment. But I started to notice wooden model ship kits and thought they might offer more longevity and real a challenge, so I bought Occre's Beagle. I was sold! My love of wooden model making was born.

Being shut in with covid and all the time in the world on my hands, since October, I have built:
The Beagle (Occre), wow - was the rigging challenging.
The Revenge (Amati/Victory Models),
Wells Fargo Stagecoach (Amati).

After those, as a break from wood models I tried something new, Bilbury Arlington Row (Aedes Ars). Bit of a slog but I love how its looking. I'm almost finished with that as I'm onto the landscaping phase which is way out of my comfort zone. Just hope I don't ruin it. My next build will be:
The Occre workshop Cabinet (arriving tomorrow), followed by:
The Endurance (Occre), its on order and I cant wait for it to arrive. Shackleton has long been a hero of mine, so building this ship should be fun.

I joined the forum mainly looking for tips and tricks and I enjoy reading the build logs. So very happy to be here.

You are really a fast modeler - three models in only some months :cool:
Sending a warm wqelcome here on board of our forum

You are really a fast modeler - three models in only some months :cool:
Sending a warm wqelcome here on board of our forum
Not a lot else to do - I don't watch telly and have loads of time on my hands and have often spent 8-10 hrs a day at it. If I had work or other responsibilities it would have taken me much longer.

Hi there, just a short introduction. I'm a pensioner who started model ship building last October. I was in between hobbies, casting around for something new and saw a card model of the Black Pearl. The splurge said 'difficulty high' so I thought it would take me some time to build it. I completed it in two days. :(What a disappointment. But I started to notice wooden model ship kits and thought they might offer more longevity and real a challenge, so I bought Occre's Beagle. I was sold! My love of wooden model making was born.

Being shut in with covid and all the time in the world on my hands, since October, I have built:
The Beagle (Occre), wow - was the rigging challenging.
The Revenge (Amati/Victory Models),
Wells Fargo Stagecoach (Amati).

After those, as a break from wood models I tried something new, Bilbury Arlington Row (Aedes Ars). Bit of a slog but I love how its looking. I'm almost finished with that as I'm onto the landscaping phase which is way out of my comfort zone. Just hope I don't ruin it. My next build will be:
The Occre workshop Cabinet (arriving tomorrow), followed by:
The Endurance (Occre), its on order and I cant wait for it to arrive. Shackleton has long been a hero of mine, so building this ship should be fun.

I joined the forum mainly looking for tips and tricks and I enjoy reading the build logs. So very happy to be here.

Hallo @Gail
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back