Hi I am Bernard and I could with some help

I have been building Occre's Santisima Trinidad section model. I have got to the rigging and getting stuck. Unfortunately the plans are not detailed enough to provide detailed help and I wondered if, anyone had actually built this model and if so were they able to get help on the rigging from anywhere. I have seen a number of pictures of the model in various stages of build on the net (youtube etc) but none in sufficient detail of the rigging.

IMG_0787.JPG

Hello @Beeky ,welcome aboad! I would suggest to seek the full Santisima Trinidad rigging plan and apply it to your section ,also check out these build logs

Maybe @md1400cs Michael has more info on the rigging

This book might help you

Hello @Beeky ,welcome aboad!
I made this model some time ago and at the end I faced the same problem you are raising now.

But this is a cross section and the rigging CANNOT be real as in a full model !!!!!!

You should surely know that 90% of the rigging starting from the mainmast is directed to points outside your model, and the same is for the opposite: a certain percentage of the rigging coming from the outside ends on the mainmast !!

And you can do nothing to solve this problem in a cross section.

Regards, Jack

Hi Jack and Jamie
Many thanks for your help. I must say I have found very frustrating in many ways. I take on board what you say Jack about this being a Section and the problems that poses with the rigging. In fairness, and being stupid, I had not factored that in but will do so. Also thank you Jamie for trying to help and I will certainly look at your links. I will let you know how I get on - eventually!

I have been building Occre's Santisima Trinidad section model. I have got to the rigging and getting stuck. Unfortunately the plans are not detailed enough to provide detailed help and I wondered if, anyone had actually built this model and if so were they able to get help on the rigging from anywhere. I have seen a number of pictures of the model in various stages of build on the net (youtube etc) but none in sufficient detail of the rigging.

Hallo Bernard alias @Beeky
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back