Hi - I am Fergus from Newcastle, Australia.

I am most of the way through an AL Le Hussard kit - being completely new to wooden boat modelling, it has been gruelling, challenging and thrilling in order. I am working through shrouds after dealing with the stays. I am always looking for tips to help bring this project to completion. I must apologise for the dusty state of the model: lots of building work has gone on and the temporary cover I used was taken by a family member.

Le Hussard 260921 bow.jpgLe Hussard 260921 foredeck.jpg

The bow planking really didn't work as I wished. I had no experience in planking on bulkhead and few tools at the beginning to improve the job. I certainly learned as I went along! My main concern at this time is stretching in rigging lines. I am concerned the shrouds will start to bow - I have to put extra tension on the main mast to keep the forestays from drooping. Any tips in this would be welcome.

Last edited:
Hallo @Feargal
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum

I am most of the way through an AL Le Hussard kit - being completely new to wooden boat modelling, it has been gruelling, challenging and thrilling in order. I am working through shrouds after dealing with the stays. I am always looking for tips to help bring this project to completion. I must apologise for the dusty state of the model: lots of building work has gone on and the temporary cover I used was taken by a family member.

View attachment 258152View attachment 258153
Hussard_mid-deck_grating_wheel.jpgHussard_aft_carrondae.jpg

Hallo @Feargal
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

View attachment 258152View attachment 258153
Hallo @Feargal
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back