Hi there from Austria

Hello!

I'm Philipp from Vienna/Austria and I'm planing to build USS Constitution from Model Shipways. Just ordered the kit due to a special offer but I'll need to do much research work before startin'.
I already did the Constitution from Billing Boats but I didn't like the quality of this kit. The Model shipways one is far better but of course much more difficult.
I kindly ask for any infos/help from you regarding my project.

Thanks so much!

Hello!

I'm Philipp from Vienna/Austria and I'm planing to build USS Constitution from Model Shipways. Just ordered the kit due to a special offer but I'll need to do much research work before startin'.
I already did the Constitution from Billing Boats but I didn't like the quality of this kit. The Model shipways one is far better but of course much more difficult.
I kindly ask for any infos/help from you regarding my project.

Thanks so much!
Welcome aboard. And take a look at the Build Logs for wooden ships - there are a lot of Constitution builds including Model Shipways. Screenshot_20230211-091048_Chrome.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
und ein herzliches Grüß Gott ebenfalls aus Wien

Happy to see so many fellow Austrians here. ;) Vielen Dank @Uwek - freu mich auch sehr über Ihre/Deine Tipps bei meinem Mammutprojekt ;-)

My kit has arrived - no I'll take the time to do a lot of reading before I get started. Also ordered the recommend Seminar.
Welcome ! I would also suggest you consider the book from the Anatomy of the Ships series on the USS Constitution. It is very reasonably priced and a fantastic resource ! Here is a link for one on Amazon here in the US so you can see what it looks like.

USS Constitution - Anatomy of the Ship

Jeff
Hi! Thanks - got it already.

Welcome Philipp and best of luck with the Constitution. My wife and I recently visited Boston and were able to walk on board this famous ship. It was very humbling to walk on the decks of a national treasure. Enjoy the ride you are about to take. Magic Mike

Welcome Philipp and best of luck with the Constitution. My wife and I recently visited Boston and were able to walk on board this famous ship. It was very humbling to walk on the decks of a national treasure. Enjoy the ride you are about to take. Magic Mike
Many thanks! I envy you - I hope to visit USS Constitution too this year. We'll see.
I'm impressed with this ships amazing history and for me Constitution is one of the most beautiful warships ever built. Best, Philipp

Back