Hi there from the Flanders!

To make the long story short: 66 years young now, retiring pro-modelbuilder looking for a future challenge. Been building giant model railway bridges, giant RC aircraft - making an 8m span WW 1 German bomber this very moment -, RC cars, boats, even build 4 UL aircraft...
Joggling with the idea of building a Golden Hind (or similar galleon) large scale, RC controlled (of course not all sails). Would go for something 3m long (overall)... Looking perfect on the outside, inside less important if not visible. Will need to come up with ideas regarding easy assembly since transportation in one piece will hardly be possible... Will start a thread soon...
PS: Future project > if it ever takes off, it will be no sooner than mid 2025!

SÜD 001.jpg

Welcome to the forums ! I would love to see a few pics of the bomber.
I had (among other smaller aircraft) a 1/5 scale Zeke, and 1/4 scale Clip-wing Taylorcraft and was working on a 1/5 scale P-61 Black Widow :)

Welcome to the forums ! I would love to see a few pics of the bomber.
I had (among other smaller aircraft) a 1/5 scale Zeke, and 1/4 scale Clip-wing Taylorcraft and was working on a 1/5 scale P-61 Black Widow :)
Great to see common interest! I try to keep up with 1/4th scale for WW2 aircraft and 1/3rd for WW1. These pictures show what will become a German GOTHA GV bomber at 1/3rd scale. During the great war they operated from an airstrip close to where I live...
GOTHA wing ribs.pngSchermafbeelding 2024-04-28 102134.png20240528_164220[1].jpg

This will be a big model as the Gotha was a big airplane of it time.

Static or RC aircraft?
RC! Intended to fly at least once (electro motors) and I'll most probably will need to sell it to make room for a giant Golden Hind! :)

Very nice work on your Gotha. At 1/3 scale it’s going to be huge.
I have a 1/4 scale Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter that I am working on.

Bill

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

To make the long story short: 66 years young now, retiring pro-modelbuilder looking for a future challenge. Been building giant model railway bridges, giant RC aircraft - making an 8m span WW 1 German bomber this very moment -, RC cars, boats, even build 4 UL aircraft...
Joggling with the idea of building a Golden Hind (or similar galleon) large scale, RC controlled (of course not all sails). Would go for something 3m long (overall)... Looking perfect on the outside, inside less important if not visible. Will need to come up with ideas regarding easy assembly since transportation in one piece will hardly be possible... Will start a thread soon...
PS: Future project > if it ever takes off, it will be no sooner than mid 2025!

View attachment 456411
Hi Dirky, I am thinking of doing a Golden Hind next year, though only about 2m. long. RC control with single prop. and minimal sail control. I will follow your thread with interest.
Regards, Paul (Boulderboater)

Hi Dirky, I'm in Sint Niklaas. looks as though you have done pretty serious modeling in your time, nice.
Grtz, Steve

Back