Hi to all. I am new to Ships of Scale and currently building the Bluenose by Model Shipways. I live in NB Canada and new to ship modelling.

Welcome to SOS.!! Lots of good folks around here. Lots of help too (If you should ever need it..)
Pull up a chair, sit back and read a little. Be sure to start a build log for Bluenose. It's a popular ship.!
Again, Welcome.!!!

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.....
Many Thanks for sharing your work

Welcome to SOS, I am looking forward to your building log, greetings from Norway,

Welcome aboard :)
I look forward to reading the blog of construction and photos of the processShip-1Thumbsup

I look forward to sharing my Bluenose build I started on May 25, 2017
Ahoy, HIflight. I see that you have launched your Bluenose build before I get my own started after I complete anotehr schooner rigged pilot boat started decades ago before going into drydock and only recently brought out for completion. I am using this time also for as much research into Bluenose and Capt. Angus Walters as I can find to reinforce my sailing charts and startng tack. I'll look for your build log and have to figure out how to start one of my own when the first parts are cut out and preparation work begins.
PT-2

Hello from Nova Scotia! Have fun with your bluenose and reach out any time
As a Freemson I am waiting for the Grand Lodge of Nova Scotia to come back from vacation to iron our a few dating problems with Cap. Angus Walter, Untiy Lodge No. 4 membership records, dates which show that he was not a Mason or of Unity Lodge during the dates of Bluenose construction but were glad to take him in and claim his racing record later on. The Nova Scotia Grand Lodge YouTube video presented this dating and Masonic claim which I will like to have them clarify or modify. The history is as much enjoyment for me in projects as is the actual build which only leads to harbor of completion where another project cargo awaits loading.

Hello from Nova Scotia! Have fun with your bluenose and reach out any time
Here is a micro detail that actually is needed when sailing on any ship where spray or taking greenies over the bow requires drainage scuppers or provision for the cabin access cover sliders. Those become collection "trays" for water that must be drained off. This is usually via scuppers on the bottom of the two slider support pieces. The same may be done, depending upon your build scale and desire for completeness, by notching the bottom of the pieses before gluing them down or with a mico bit if they are still accessible and you can reach over the cabin top. I will be doing the notching on my Bluenose build as I don't see this on any of the kits, plans, or other build practicums. Just for consideration. PT-2

Back