Hi to all

Hi guys, thanks for accepting me in this forum :)

I’m a modeler from the south of Spain and just wanted to drop by and say hi. I’ve built a few model kits so far, being Corel’s Vasa the one I’m currently working with (although I’m on “parental leave” from the hobby right now :p). I hope I can post some stuff on my current build soon (if my baby daughter allows it!)

see you soon!

I’m a modeler from the south of Spain and just wanted to drop by and say hi. I’ve built a few model kits so far, being Corel’s Vasa the one I’m currently working with (although I’m on “parental leave” from the hobby right now :p). I hope I can post some stuff on my current build soon (if my baby daughter allows it!)

see you soon!
Welcome !

see you soon!

Hi, Welcome to the club. I personally built a wooden ship for about 50 years, so some experience I have.
I am in fact living in Southern Spain too -Provins or Malaga-Mijas pueblo 29649.
Where is your residence, As I am backing out after 50 years build and age 80; I have some materials- Model drawings, books, tools and bit and pieces. One of the books -IN SPANISH -is a manual of the Arquitectura Naval in 1700-1850.
If you tell me where you are living or better come down to Calahonda- Mijas Costa-Malaga_694.419.115 you can have- FREE OF CHARGE- what you want and maybe some good advise- el capi

peaelcapi

Hi, Welcome to the club. I personally built a wooden ship for about 50 years, so some experience I have.
I am in fact living in Southern Spain too -Provins or Malaga-Mijas pueblo 29649.
Where is your residence, As I am backing out after 50 years build and age 80; I have some materials- Model drawings, books, tools and bit and pieces. One of the books -IN SPANISH -is a manual of the Arquitectura Naval in 1700-1850.
If you tell me where you are living or better come down to Calahonda- Mijas Costa-Malaga_694.419.115 you can have- FREE OF CHARGE- what you want and maybe some good advise- el capi

peaelcapi
A very generous offer !
Well done El Capi ! :)

peaelcapi
Thanks El Capi, very nice offer! I’m from Murcia so not that far. I’m currently in Paraguay visiting my partner’s family but when I’m back I’ll give it a thought!
cheers!
Guzmán

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

peaelcapi
I am very interested in books that help modeling Spanish 18th Century ships. I found the following book in pdf form on google books. Is this the book you are talking about?

LA ARQUITECTU NAVAL ESPAÑOL BOSQUEJO DE SUS CONDICIO POR GERVASIO DE ARTÍÑANO CATEDRÁTICO DE LA ESCUELA CENTRAL DE INGENIEROS INDUSTRIALE DIPUTADO A CORTES
CONFERENCIAS ORGANIZADAS POR EL
INSTITUTO DE INGENIEROS CIVILES DE ESPAÑA
MAYO DE 1914
EDITADA

Also, can you recommend any books that focus on Spanish ship modeling, especially the rigging? I have spent a good chunk of money on books, including the excellent works by Enrique Garcia-Torralba Perez, but have yet to find anything on par with Wolfram zu Mondfeld, Lee or Marquardt! I am currently working on plans for the Chambequin Murciano for Maris Stella. Got lucky enough to find what I think is a contemporaneous water color painting of a similar ship, La Andaluz.

Back