Hi

Live at the base of the Bruce peninsula, it is an area with lots of woods, local orchids, parks and is a bird migratory path.
Have worked as a professional photographer, artist and carpenter. Do photomicrography and macro photography, wood work, built models, search out local wild orchids and ride my bike for fun.
Currently researching and preparing for a new level of wooden model. Will retire shortly; will still do some small carpentry projects for a little income.

Going to have some fun:
Starting with a kit I was given so hobby build, but never have been able to just follow plans LOL some custom changes to make it fun.
My inspiration is a historical design from PEI that they would build, fill with fish in either a wet hold or dry hold configuration. The wet hold they would sail to France or other location sell the ship and the cargo book passage home and build the next ship.
The details are sketchy so it will be a hobby build using what the research has provided.
Want to cut an oval in the one side and build a diorama on the inside showing below deck this will be pure fancy as know little of the real layout. have some people for the inside already. A very challenging fun build for me. Will need help with rigging in time to make it as accurate as possible for the type of ship and the period the model plans do not seem to be accurate so will change them to fit.
This club looked like a fun group to join have fun and learn.

There are others who have taken a standard kit and opened side up in middle to add decks and inside details so others can see what's really below deck.

Have fun and post a build log so we can watch as you go.

Kurt

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Live at the base of the Bruce peninsula, it is an area with lots of woods, local orchids, parks and is a bird migratory path.
Have worked as a professional photographer, artist and carpenter. Do photomicrography and macro photography, wood work, built models, search out local wild orchids and ride my bike for fun.
Currently researching and preparing for a new level of wooden model. Will retire shortly; will still do some small carpentry projects for a little income.
Hallo @Borden
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back