Hi!

Thanks for letting me in to the site,. I'm a new modeller. I've built two ships so far, both Occres ship, the Essex and HMS Terror.
I'd chosen them as they weren't battle ships as such. Ideally I would have love to build a well known Scottish ship, but from trawlling the internet, there doesn't seem to be such a thing :-(.
With the completetion of the Terror, I have purchased Occre's Santisima Trinidad as an alternative to the prdominance of UK Naval ships. It looks a serious challenge and I look forward to starting come the end of next month, once the dark nights kick in.
Take care all and stay safe.
IanG

Welcome aboard. When you start your build be sure to start a build log. That way if you run into problems people here will be better able to help you out. Pictures are a great way to see where you have run into seeming insurmountable problems and help you corrent them. Enjoy!

Thanks for letting me in to the site,. I'm a new modeller. I've built two ships so far, both Occres ship, the Essex and HMS Terror.
I'd chosen them as they weren't battle ships as such. Ideally I would have love to build a well known Scottish ship, but from trawlling the internet, there doesn't seem to be such a thing :-(.
With the completetion of the Terror, I have purchased Occre's Santisima Trinidad as an alternative to the prdominance of UK Naval ships. It looks a serious challenge and I look forward to starting come the end of next month, once the dark nights kick in.
IanG
Hallo @IanG
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day
Birthday-Cake

Welcome IanG; seems you have a lot of experience in building model ships. We like pics to look at and so it would be great if we can see some of your Essex and HMS Terror. Your Santisima Trinidad build would be great to see on a build log here with pics so we can follow along with you.
Have fun and live long friend. I love Viking stock.

Welcome IanG; seems you have a lot of experience in building model ships. We like pics to look at and so it would be great if we can see some of your Essex and HMS Terror. Your Santisima Trinidad build would be great to see on a build log here with pics so we can follow along with you.
Have fun and live long friend. I love Viking stock.
No, not a lot of experience, but what I have a is a lot of enthusiasm for a new hobby. I shall certainly take some photos of both the Essex and the Terror when I get back, but I'll take them at a distance so you can't see the mistakes :).
As for being viking, I even have the Viking claw alias Dupuytren's contracture. So I have the best of excuses for misbehaving when out on the tow at the weekends....Honest officer it is my Viking heritage, I can't help it :).

IanG
Hallo @IanG
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back