Hi!

Hello everyone,
I am Carl from Toronto. I have just started by first model ship, the RCM Police Boat St. Roch. This is a new hobby for me. I did make a few models ships but the last one was almost 40 years ago...before kids and a family and busy job. Now the kids are gone and I am retired. Of course I forgot everything I learned 40 years ago, so I am basically a novice, looking for best practices, hints and tips. In the near term I will be hunting out suggestions and ideas for the St. Roch, since the kit maker, Billings Boats - has very little in the way of instructions.
Thanks for welcoming me to the group!

Welcome to the group. I did a quick search for "Roch" and see there are some examples of building this boat on the forum that might be useful for reference.

also from my side a warmw elcome here on board of our forum
The best way to get into the hobby and to get hints, tipps and comments from other modelers will be, that you start a building log of your project.......
We will help and assist when ever necessary and requested

also from my side a warmw elcome here on board of our forum
The best way to get into the hobby and to get hints, tipps and comments from other modelers will be, that you start a building log of your project.......
We will help and assist when ever necessary and requested
Thanks! I have already started the kit and are taking photos. What is the best way of beginning to post a log? I haven't yet explored the site in detail, but is there a place where people insert their logs and add their progress as they go along?

Back