HM Brig Sloop Speedy Vanguard Models kit [Completed Build]

Jack my friend - you know how I feel about this ship - and you have done a brilliant job. Your build has again confirmed that this is probably the only British ship that I would still like to try my hand at some time. Congratulations on a superb build!

Jack my friend - you know how I feel about this ship - and you have done a brilliant job. Your build has again confirmed that this is probably the only British ship that I would still like to try my hand at some time. Congratulations on a superb build!
Thank you Heinrich,

I have been watching and rejoicing in your build and fantastic log particularly the interaction with your Dutch friends so I thought I would chip in with my, slight and tenuous, connection with Holland. I was born and now again live in Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland, the little ‘avatar’ I use is a picture of my great grandfather, Carrick castle in the background, sitting on the quay where in July 1690 William of Orange landed on his way to the Boyne and the defeat of his father in- law James the second confirming his ascension to the English throne. Here is a painting of him being delivered to said quay by the English navy, commanded by Admiral Cloudesley Shovel(blue on the mizzen).

1656261634384.png

Perhaps the Royal yacht Mary (Centre, Royal standard,) will be a suitable next build.

Once again thank you for your appreciation of my Speedy.

Cheers mate JJ.

also from my side CONGRATULATIONS
Very well done !!!!
and now? what comes next?

I like the fact that you haven't coppered it and the hull planking is visible. Museum models show the planking. I think we, as scale builders, are making a mistake and hiding the attractiveness of a build well done. Coppering has become commonplace with kit suppliers and now seems accepted as the 'norm' particularly by new builders. A good decision on your part, bravo sir! It's a thing of beauty.

Back