HM Cutter Lady Nelson 1803 - Scale 1:64, Victory Models by Glbarlow

Dear Glenn

Without a VPN, it is impossible to access MSW's site from China. I thought that was perfectly clear - apologies. In other words, MSW does not allow domains from China to access their site. If I had wanted to use VPN (which is against the law in China), it would give me a domain outside of China which MSW would allow. I wish you everything of the best with the HMS Speedy.
Thanks for the explanation.

Jimsky

Staff member

I hope to continue being a contributor to other logs and forums here and respect everyone’s personal choices (though I don’t know what a VPN has to do with MSW). I hope you understand mine.
Hello Glenn, whether you decide to present your build log here or elsewhere, it is your decision and will respect it. :)

Agreed Glenn - and apologies for the incorrect spelling of your name. And I really mean it when I say that I wish you all the luck with a Speedy. It is a beautiful ship and with the skills that you have amply demonstrated in this log, you should create a beautiful model.

My back to basics kit after a multi-year layoff from modeling is finished. It's semi-scratch built as most of the kit walnut was replaced and the deck furniture scratch built (other than the winch). I added a good deal of rigging, likely not historically accurate, but it wasn't a real ship so... I enjoyed using Chuck's Passaro's blocks and ropes throughout the model. It was fun, took just 3 months, and energized me to take up modeling again. It was coincidence that with recent events I had lots of home time to build.

Nelson Final 2-1792.jpgNelson Final 2-1793.jpgNelson Final 2-1795.jpgNelson Final 2-1796.jpgNelson Final 2-1799.jpgNelson Final 2-1801.jpgNelson Final 2-1805.jpgNelson Final 2-1806.jpgNelson Final 2-1807.jpgNelson Final 2-1808.jpgNelson Final 2-1809.jpgNelson Final 2-1810.jpg

My log is done.

Last edited:

Great model Glenn and very nice build log! You are very accurate builder! Pitty, we will not be able to see your next build log here.
Thank you. The designers of my next two models are exclusively on MSW, I can get their help and comments there as needed. And no offense, but in three months I’ve had very little interaction (other than discussing VPNs) on my log. It could be because it’s a boring model, log, or builder I suppose, but a big part of sharing a build is exchanging comments. Again, no offense, but it’s just to quiet here.

I will continue as a member. I’ll be watching Genaro’s build of Cheerful for sure. I wish everyone the best here in SOS.

Last edited:

Thank you for the comments, I appreciate them. I may have to retake the photos, they are all very yellow for some reason.

Thank you. The designers of my next two models are exclusively on MSW, I can get their help and comments there as needed. And no offense, but in three months I’ve had very little interaction (other than discussing VPNs) on my log. It could be because it’s a boring model, log, or builder I suppose, but a big part of sharing a build is exchanging comments. Again, no offense, but it’s just to quiet here.

I will continue as a member. I’ll be watching Genaro’s build of Cheerful for sure. I wish everyone the best here in SOS.
I'm quite flattered Glenn. Thank you. You did wonderful job on rigging in no time. If mine ends up half as good as yours I'll be pleased. Assembled today Chuck's serving machine, works quite well :)

zoly99sask

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

My back to basics kit after a multi-year layoff from modeling is finished. It's semi-scratch built as most of the kit walnut was replaced and the deck furniture scratch built (other than the winch). I added a good deal of rigging, likely not historically accurate, but it wasn't a real ship so... I enjoyed using Chuck's Passaro's blocks and ropes throughout the model. It was fun, took just 3 months, and energized me to take up modeling again. It was coincidence that with recent events I had lots of home time to build.

.View attachment 145865

View attachment 145866

View attachment 145867

View attachment 145868

View attachment 145869

View attachment 145870

View attachment 145871

View attachment 145872

View attachment 145873
My log is done.
You may want to post your nice finished model in the Completed models topic ,Donnie also can add them to the Gallery if you want it

Uwek

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

Congratulations for this great model - Hope to see also your next project....