HMB Endeavour Colours

Hi All,

Im getting very frustrated with the colours used on the Endeavour.
The Occre Kit I am using suggests a set of colours. These are completely different from the colours used on the actual replica of the Endeavour.
I've also looked at virtually all the builds on the SOS forum and again they are all different again.
Does anyone have any suggestions. Is there a definitive set of colours. HELP

Thanks to all
Umberto

Hello Umberto, I just found this post, it's dated quite a while ago I see, but thought you might still be interested on what I have found so far. One is from a notable book on the subject. There is also the following link to the Endeavour replica, which I suggest they had looked into extensively:
Other sources are paintings made in the late 1700s as kept in the Royal Museum Greenwich, a few attached here. Looking at other ship paintings of the period gives more insight into the colours they used, even the colours of the officers uniforms were reflected in the ships colours.

Book cover - Endeavor.jpg

PAI2627 Death of Cook in the skirmish at Kealakekua Bay Hawaii on 14 February 1779.jpg

Endeavour 07.jpg

Endeavour 04.jpg

BHC2628 Captain James Cook wearing captain's full-dress uniform 1774-87.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for the links, they're a great help. At least now I can focus on a reputable colour scheme to base my painting on. There is so much variation out there with different model kits. My problem was that I did not know what to commit to.

Thanks again

Hi All,

Im getting very frustrated with the colours used on the Endeavour.
The Occre Kit I am using suggests a set of colours. These are completely different from the colours used on the actual replica of the Endeavour.
I've also looked at virtually all the builds on the SOS forum and again they are all different again.
Does anyone have any suggestions. Is there a definitive set of colours. HELP

Thanks to all
Umberto
Hallo Umberto alias @Umb80
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back