HMS Alert 1777 1:48 by Kurt

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

Well I am setting up my build log for this kit, so I can start posting when my kit makes it in at some point down the line.

Can't wait to order and receive one, and hope I don't have too many vessels in the shipyard to be able to bring this one in when it gets in port.

Well based off replies in the thread on who is purchasing the kits, I may end up near the end of the list for first 50 kits available.

Just hope I make the first batch of kits, as waiting for production of second batch might be unbearable!

Sitting with fingers crossed I soon get a PM from Uwe!

No, I got a reply saying they would be in touch shortly via PM and I gave them email info, but never heard back from them.

I have not given up hope, just waiting till hell freezes over or for something else to break loose and ordering to open back up again.

I just stopped worrying about where I am or what they are doing with sales, taking the time to watch other who were lucky to get kits shipped before they stopped sending out requests for payment.

Maybe if I stay good the rest of the year, Santa may bring me one.

Kurt Cautious :oops:o_OSleep

No, I got a reply saying they would be in touch shortly via PM and I gave them email info, but never heard back from them.

I have not given up hope, just waiting till hell freezes over or for something else to break loose and ordering to open back up again.

I just stopped worrying about where I am or what they are doing with sales, taking the time to watch other who were lucky to get kits shipped before they stopped sending out requests for payment.

Maybe if I stay good the rest of the year, Santa may bring me one.

Kurt Cautious :oops:o_OSleep
Wow. That’s been a while. I was hoping to see some more of your work.

Well while teleworking from home last few months, I have been working a small project on my Office Desk, while waiting on VPN to download data for work.

I have lots of photos taken, but this time with my digital camera instead of cell phone.

I have to download photos and start a post. This is a kit I haven't seen done on the forums yet, its from a company many others have and are building kits, but it is a small deck section with gun placement.

Hope to have photos loaded soon to show I have not gone away or given up on the forums.

Kurt

Well I am now happy to say my Alert kit was ordered and received it today!

Great work with Trident on payments, could be better when he finally get a PayPal account set up.

I had more problems with my bank than anything else!

Now to wait for a spot in the dry dock to open up. Gives me plenty of time to review plans and build logs from others who got kits before me!

Well done Mr. Trident and company!

75B3643D-2B72-4307-BC17-33DEA6BEC448.jpegD6320419-95C3-412E-AD96-DAC170B6722C.jpeg51DBA1D7-C4B6-4DC9-B28C-3DF0E593B302.jpeg

JBradford, start going thru all the build logs, they are quite helpful for us who come later in the build, as they identify all minor and major issues to look out for, and sometimes how to improve the kit you might not have thought of.

@jbradford I agree with Kurt. We designated an Alert build as the group build. We have dedicated many threads to this kit. Uwe started with Open-Box and actual Kit reviews. We have build logs from Chinese modelers with great images of their build progress. Technically, the book is not a requirement at all and can be used as a reference. I am not sure what can justify paying $100.00 or more for the book. It is crazy... I think part of the rocket high price is SOS's fault. We advertise the kit and the book...
But I want to repeat, the kit was designed based on this book, and to build a nice model, the book is not actually necessary\required.

I got my Alert book early before they went crazy, now need time to read and get ready for kit build.

If you are ready to start your kit build right away, I can loan my book if I can find it, as I won't do my build for several months, too many other projects in the way that need to be finished, before I get lost in what I am doing on each of them.

Not to mention, I have two other main hobbies to compete with my time off from work!

Jimsky and others may have more time for the hobby, when we went from working at home to back at office I lost two hours a day for drive time!

Ouch, I hate work. LOL
I ended up getting the one listed at Abe's Books for about $80 and it should be here 1st week of July. So thank you for the offer. I also was notified by Trident that my remittance has cleared and the kit should ship out on Monday. I am not sure if I will start the kit right away as I have the Fair American in dry dock currently, but I was really looking forward to starting my first POF build.
I would love to find some work that I could do remotely, you think I could get paid to build wooden model ships? ;)

Let me know how your Fair American build goes, as I have a POF kit from Bob Hunt, that is no longer available, one of the first CNC cut kits.

I got it second hand and partially built, the keel and one frame started. This kit is designed as Admiralty Style with open decks and side of hull to see interior.

but it has not info on masts or rigging as they were not normally included in Admiralty builds.

Back