HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very nice work Shota. I believe to have a "deja-vu" when comparing Your last post with my log (see page 4). I refer to the position of the lower and upper deck beam openings in the thickstuff. Instead of being located directly under each other, they seem to be shifted. This will cause problems later on, when installing mast, kitchen, cabins etc.

Very nice work Shota. I believe to have a "deja-vu" when comparing Your last post with my log (see page 4). I refer to the position of the lower and upper deck beam openings in the thickstuff. Instead of being located directly under each other, they seem to be shifted. This will cause problems later on, when installing mast, kitchen, cabins etc.
Dear Peter
Thank you so much for the most important information you have given me, you have saved me lots and lots of work and headache.
Question: How do you know in front of which number of frame each beam is sitting? Is there a correct / accurate drawing ? And how did you re-adjust the frames?

Dear Shota, have a look at page four in my log. I left the upper deck clamps unchanged and removed the lower deck clamps. I positioned both lower clamps in such a way that the openings for the beam ends were located exactly underneath those in the upper deck clamp. Check the position of the upper and lower beams; You might have to move the mast step a bit, test it with the mast and the position of the beams. I did not re-adjust the frames. Good luck. As You said : better now than later on.

Dear Friends
Before I will do the Corrections and adjustments, I want to be sure How do you know in front of which number of frame each upper deck clamps is sitting?
In relation to them where is the exact location of the mast step
Is there a correct / accurate drawing and Pictures?

Dear Friends
Before I will do the Corrections and adjustments, I want to be sure How do you know in front of which number of frame each upper deck clamps is sitting?
In relation to them where is the exact location of the mast step
Is there a correct / accurate drawing and Pictures?
Hi shota,

You can check this on the blue print in your kit. This shows a top view and a cross section. I used the crossection as reference for the deck beam position you can check the deck beam position in relation to the frames. This you can use to position your deck clamps.

Hello dear friends
I'm happy to announce that today I have finished the work on the installation of
thickstuff and shelfclamps, and they are placed.
I also continued with thickstuff and shelfclamps in creating the effect of the wood pegs, based on the use of blackened wood glue in charcoal powder. In my opinion it creates a beautiful and authentic effect. I dedicated a couple of photos to the theme as part of the full package.

I wish us all a pleasant and enjoyable weekend
View attachment 300363View attachment 300364View attachment 300365View attachment 300366View attachment 300367View attachment 300368View attachment 300369View attachment 300371View attachment 300372
Beautiful Shota, simply beautiful...

Hello dear friends
In the last week I have not been able to free up and spend time working on the ship.
I barely found two hours to work on the adjustment in the locations of the sockets in the upper deck clamps to the lower deck clamps. I used the drawings and pictures you published.
I do not know if this week I will be able to make time for the rest of the work, because of the events and activities of the week's routine and Passover in this coming Friday. I will keep updating when there is real progress and in the meantime, have a good and blessed week

Hello dear friends
In the last week I have not been able to free up and spend time working on the ship.
I barely found two hours to work on the adjustment in the locations of the sockets in the upper deck clamps to the lower deck clamps. I used the drawings and pictures you published.
I do not know if this week I will be able to make time for the rest of the work, because of the events and activities of the week's routine and Passover in this coming Friday. I will keep updating when there is real progress and in the meantime, have a good and blessed week
Sometimes life just gets in the way of modeling... ROTF

Good evening friends
Although I estimated that I probably would not have free time this week for the ship, so to my delight it turns out I was wrong, :D
tonight I managed to take a few hours to prepare the Breast hooks Of the bow20220411_223453.jpg
and I also made and installed the Crutch under the stern.
20220411_223516.jpg
Hope I was not mistaken in the professional terminology.
good night

Hello dear friends
I spent the last few hours sanding the ship's hull from the outside.
I first removed the width mounds at the top of the jig and then the cardboard pegs that hold the columns of the corners of the jig to the top lid to which the frames are attached.
20220415_104814.jpg20220415_105148.jpg
I did the sanding work with a variety of manual and electric tools, as you will see in the picture. 20220415_114623.jpg20220415_130942.jpg
I would like to mention the sanding pads that are 2 inches in diameter as well as one inch, they do the hard work, I used pads with different densities that start at 80 and end at a thousand and even later I used steel wool.
Only after I was satisfied with the uniformity of the line of the hull and the smoothing of the wood did I smear oil with steel wool. at the moment I have only worked on one side from the outside and the other side is still waiting for me and then the inside of the ship, in short, the road is still long.

Attaches photos from the work and at the end in order to be impressed by the result.
20220415_105202.jpg20220415_131042.jpg20220415_131422.jpg20220415_131522.jpg
Wishing us all a pleasant and enjoyable weekend , as well as a happy Passover/
Spring holiday to the Jewish,

Ramadan Karim to our Muslim cousins, and an Easter to our Christian brothers. we are all human beings and sons to the same family of the human race , Which deserves that we respect and support each other.

Back