HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo Shota, I believe that the limber passage was used to collect the water and lead it to the pumps. The limber boards cover the passage, so that the sailors don't get wet feet. You can cover the limber passage all the way along the keel or just parts of it, as You like.
my dear friend
thank you very much for your answer :)Thumbsup

Do not forget to cover the area for the coal storage the limber passage with the boards - otherwise the coal will get wet
The description by PeterM was completely correct
It was done with relative short boards, so they could be easily removed by hand in order to check the limber passage andif necessary to clean it

Do not forget to cover the area for the coal storage the limber passage with the boards - otherwise the coal will get wet
The description by PeterM was completely correct
It was done with relative short boards, so they could be easily removed by hand in order to check the limber passage andif necessary to clean it
Thank you very much dear friend for the advice and guidance, I would be happy if you could please attach a picture illustrating the things you wrote and gave to the construction.
An ancient proverb says that "one picture is worth a thousand words.":):D

I think that Uwek mean to this picture in Maarten's documentation in post # 411
Correct - it was more or less my try to make a small joke

Screenshot_20220502-195928_Chrome.jpg

with red arrows are marked the three limber boards visible at this photo.
In green appr. the form of the last limber board which has to be under the coal.
the limber board will protect the limber passage that coal is falling into the bilge water

Hi Shota, great work sofar.
You assumptions are correct.
Under the coal storage is no limber board but a fixed plank but that is just a minor detail.

good evening dear friends
Today I made progress with the construction of the coal storage and in fact it is almost completely ready.
I made the coal from salt crystals painted in black acrylic paint mixed with plain wood glue.
I admit I liked the result.
20220506_173912.jpg
In practice the beams with the coal storage will not be installed soon, until the lower deck components are all ready.

20220506_173924.jpg

Nicely done Shota. I am sure it must feel good being able to start adding all the detail to the insides of the ship. You have done yourself proud with this build!

good evening dear friends
Today I made progress with the construction of the coal storage and in fact it is almost completely ready.
I made the coal from salt crystals painted in black acrylic paint mixed with plain wood glue.
I admit I liked the result.
View attachment 307179
In practice the beams with the coal storage will not be installed soon, until the lower deck components are all ready.

View attachment 307180
It's exciting to see how your skills are developing Shota. Beautifully done.

Nicely done Shota. I am sure it must feel good being able to start adding all the detail to the insides of the ship. You have done yourself proud with this build!
It's exciting to see how your skills are developing Shota. Beautifully done.
my dear friends
thank you very much, for your compliments, I'm trying to be always on the path of improvement and learning, especially from such a professional and outstanding bunch on our site, that leading in human and professional generosity!!

Back