HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello dear friends
I started milling and sanding pieces of ebony wood in order to make a desk and a chair for the officers' room.
At first I sanded and smoothed the pieces, then I marked with a pencil the areas which I later milled using the Mf70.
The intention is to build a desk with a 4-drawer cabinet and a socket/
longitudinal space where the officers will place maps or books.
I milled the area of the drawers to a depth of a 1.2 millimeter approximately, into which the front part of the drawer from pear or walnut wood will be inserted.
I milled the table and top panel of the cabinet in a way that creates a stepped cornice.
I'm in the middle of the process, I'm still supposed to prepare legs for the table as well as a matching chair.

For now, enjoy the process and the intermediate result.
View attachment 373559View attachment 373560View attachment 373561View attachment 373562View attachment 373563View attachment 373564View attachment 373565
brilliant

My dear friend, this is great progress and I can only agree with Christian. I would be very happy to meet you again next year in Augsburg, with or without a model.

Dear friends
I need your help in understanding the rope that moves from the winch to the anchors on one side and on the other side to the belly of the ship.
I saw in Maarten's blog that one end goes down to the lowest deck and is placed in a snail shape and the other end is placed along the middle deck (The plan lacks a detailed reference to where the ends of the rope are located).
I would appreciate it if Maarten or any other member could explain the installation route of the rope.
In fact, we are talking about two parallel ropes for each anchor and which go down from the winch to two holes to the belly of the ship, where one is placed in the middle deck and the other in the lower one in the form of a snail?
Any explanation, photos and drawings are most welcome.
I ask this to plan when to lay the rope as the later it may be more complex.
Thank you

Screenshot_20230527_115750_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230527_003006_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230526_150434_Chrome.jpg

My dear friend, this is great progress and I can only agree with Christian. I would be very happy to meet you again next year in Augsburg, with or without a model.
Thank you very much my dear friend,
your guidance and support always come at the right moment.
I would be very happy to meet you and all the friends who come to Augsburg:)

Beautiful Shota, too bad that by completing more and more of the deck structure so many fine details become more or less obscured.
Thank you very much dear friend to the warm heavens!
I'm considering incorporating LED lighting to highlight the details and that's also why I made the openings in the side of the ship

Hello dear friends
In the last few days I continue to work on the infrastructure for the upper deck: preparing the beams, the kringels and the knees (horizontal and balanced) that together formed the upper deck in the area above the warehouses/center of the deck.
This step, similar to its predecessors, requires before installation a constant check that the beams are installed at the exact intervals and in a parallel manner.
For example: I installed the beams 87-88 together with the kringles above the storage of the sails, in order to make sure that they are laid parallel and with the exact spacing.

I am attaching pictures for your impression, good night to all of us:cool::)
20230526_160508.jpg20230526_165122.jpg20230528_225222.jpg20230528_225347.jpg20230528_225350.jpg20230528_225450.jpg20230528_225651.jpg20230528_225936.jpg20230528_225956.jpg20230528_230011.jpg20230528_230018.jpg

Hello dear friends
In the last few days I continue to work on the infrastructure for the upper deck: preparing the beams, the kringels and the knees (horizontal and balanced) that together formed the upper deck in the area above the warehouses/center of the deck.
This step, similar to its predecessors, requires before installation a constant check that the beams are installed at the exact intervals and in a parallel manner.
For example: I installed the beams 87-88 together with the kringles above the storage of the sails, in order to make sure that they are laid parallel and with the exact spacing.

I am attaching pictures for your impression, good night to all of us:cool::)
View attachment 376656View attachment 376657View attachment 376658View attachment 376659View attachment 376660View attachment 376661View attachment 376662View attachment 376663View attachment 376664View attachment 376665View attachment 376666
Good morning Shota. Just Wow! Cheers Grant

Good morning Shota. Just Wow! Cheers Grant
Very impressive Shota. Your photographs really show off your fine workmanship.
Dear Friends
Thank you very much for all the warm and supportive words, it's nice to know that our work is liked by professionals in the field.
Thanks also to all the other friends for all the likes and smiles :)

Happy birthday!!
Wonderful Shota! All the best wishes for a wonderful birthday!
I join the others in wishing you a wonderful birthday Shota Birthday-Cake.
My best wishes for your birthday Shota, your Alert is looking great, JJ..
Dear Shota, I join joyfully the best wishes of long life and prosperity!
thank you very much my dear friend's for your Greetings and best wishes for my birthday :) Beer

Back