Hms Alert by Kids [COMPLETED BUILD]

Really good looking work - I like the appearance of the occer / black outside planking
I will think also about this for my Coureur ......

Thanks, got it from looking at Maartens log it is Ecoline Ink numbers 202 (yellow) and 700 (Black) needs a few coats and to be free from any glue marks. But comes up very nicely. Couple places were it has leaked that need cleaning up but i'm happy with it

Thanks, got it from looking at Maartens log it is Ecoline Ink numbers 202 (yellow) and 700 (Black) needs a few coats and to be free from any glue marks. But comes up very nicely. Couple places were it has leaked that need cleaning up but i'm happy with it
Very good - I will check, which color number from Ecoline I have in my yard..... 700 definitely

Thanks Jimsky for doing that and Shota for the kind comments, this is a really fun build, I think there will be a lot of contented builders when they get and start their kits. It quite testing in places and as they say you learn from your mistakes!!!!!

Managed to get back onto the model today, had total hip replacement op last friday all good (they soon chuck you out lol) hopefully post couple small updates by end of weekend. Happy modelling all

I wish you a fast and complete recovery - I am happy to hear, that you are well :cool:

Managed to get back onto the model today, had total hip replacement op last friday all good (they soon chuck you out lol) hopefully post couple small updates by end of weekend. Happy modelling all
Get better, will wait for your updates (as always) ;)

This is the Alert kit made by Trident Models, and @kidsgalore doing such a wonderful job building her. I wish we could have more details on various tasks, but really happy about your achievements thus far. Great job! Thumbsup

Sorry morning Jimsky what sort details are you after it was a case of sanding/filing/fitting then sanding/ filing/ fitting again and again, you know the score with few explicit words shouted along the way lol. Will try put bit more detail in but you and Maarten are way better than me to do that cheers happy modelling all

I well know those 'help' words' ROTF I use them regularly but quietly, my neighbors don't like them... We would like to know about the build process like how difficult it was to put gun ports, rails. ;) Our build logs might help other Alert builders, so any information from your personal perspective is valuable. :)
We thank you and others!

Ok will try to explain not good on the terminology hope it makes sense. Firstly make sure you leave more than enough rib when you cut away from jig ( very important can always file back later) start with piece FL77 plank and work your way back to stern on both sides. Then work from piece FL90 Upper plank back towards the bow. Gunports were straightforward, the difficulty was fitting the rail over all the Ribs. I then fitted the hand rail FL103 to determine the height of piece FL105 ( Piece FL105 definitely needs to be soaked and left clamped overnight to correct shape before final fitting). Will do next update bit if you all can understand my description so far!!!! Cheers

Back