Hms Alert by Kids [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very good job on hatches! We can see you have completely removed from the construction board (berth), I guess you have plans for the pedestals or other way presenting your Alert?

Hi Jim to be honest no not thought about how going to present it, may well try and do it fully rigged, will probably go to one of the children one has their eye on it already!
Thank you Shota much appreciated
How do I translate what fukui has said please?

Happy modelling all

Evening just found this PE not sure where on the model it supposed to be used could somebody enlighten me please?
These are reinforcements rings for the barrels (the curved ones). You may need to annal before bending.

Are you pretty much coming to the end, what else is left?

Thanks Jim will save them reinforcement rings for another project now then doh!, Still a lot to do am thinking of doing complete masts and rigging no sails if I can find enough plans and drawings that show them, plus not decided how to display it yet. Thanks for your help and to everyone for the likes much appreciated. Mark

Thanks Jim will save them reinforcement rings for another project now then doh!, Still a lot to do am thinking of doing complete masts and rigging no sails if I can find enough plans and drawings that show them, plus not decided how to display it yet. Thanks for your help and to everyone for the likes much appreciated. Mark
Hello, Mark. AOTS book by Peter Goodwin has the mast\yards and rigging plans in detail. If you decide to do all rigging this book is an invaluable resource.

Also, the book by Peterson Lennarth Gigging period 'Fore-And-Aft Crafts in the first paragraph discussing the rigging of British Naval cutter. While it is not exactly an Alert, it is British and for sure Naval cutter. Great reference, and could be of great help.

Little update jumping back and forth decided to try bronze effect on canons, still loads to do great value for money this model in my opinion well done tridentView attachment 246130View attachment 246131View attachment 246132View attachment 246133View attachment 246134View attachment 246135
Hi Mark great results sofar. If you do the rigging it will make it a unique model that would look great on it.

Ps the original guns were Iron I guess but your bronze effect looks great.

Hope I can continue my model in a few weeks after 5 months of DIY and now holidays, looking at yours my hands are itching again :).

Thanks for the likes and Shota and Adi for comments, much appreciated. Hoping to have this finished by end of Sept. Then looking forward to birth of first grandchild due mid Oct guess next project maybe a rocking horse or even a rocking boat? Now there's a thought

Back