Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert - List of members which are interested to buy the kit

Depends how you mount it. Edge mount you would see both. Also if you fill the spacing with resin / the lettering will stand out! how is it reversed ?

I don't think it is reversed. It's just poorly cast.
You are correct though... IF mounted on "edge" in some manner. Still, only one side would be visible without moving either the nameplate or your position.....
Just doesn't make sense to me.

compared to other castings i've seen in very expensive kits, i wouldn't complain to much.

Well, of course your opinion is worth the same as mine. You will get no argument from me.!! :cool: Redface

I have reviewed these pics... Take a minute and go back to post #432. Trident himself comments there on the quality of the plates. “...not very satisfactory”
His words... not mine.

@Hobbit99 I have no experience with signs from other kit so I have no idea about the relaitive quality. That said, without any complaints whatsoever, also for my sake they might as well had left it out. I think it is not that expensive to buy an engraved brass sign on the internet. Then you can decide for yourself whatever font you prefer, with or without antique curlicues and with or without blackening and . . .
2020-08-04.png

This is the front and back of the name plate. The name plate commissioned by SOS forum is sent to you, and it is sent to you by SOS forum. We don't have much experience in casting large volume parts. The temperature and casting pressure of molten alloy are completely different. At present, the casting parts have not achieved the best effect. If you like brass etched nameplates, it's easier for us.

a2.jpga1.jpg

Is this kit still only available through SOS and if so will there be a list of potential buyers for the second batch? Sorry if this has already been addressed

Is this kit still only available through SOS and if so will there be a list of potential buyers for the second batch? Sorry if this has already been addressed
I put you on the current list,Trident has 70 kits and we have 109 members signed up so you will fall into the second part of the sale,once the list is finished we are not creating another list for this kit.The current list is just keep growing Lol

Back