Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert - List of members which are interested to buy the kit

I MADE A SUGESTION BUT POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE, SO HERE IT IS HOPEFULLY OPEN FOR COMMENTS, SINCE THERE IS A HUGE NUMBER THAT ARE GOING TO BE PART OF THIS GROUP BUILD, A SUGESTION OCCERED TO ME WHY NOT DEVOLOPE A ONGOING PREACTOIRIUM IN THE MANNER OF GILLES AND THE GROS VENTURE, DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE JUST A THOUGHT, COMMENTS PLEASE. Don

I MADE A SUGESTION BUT POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE, SO HERE IT IS HOPEFULLY OPEN FOR COMMENTS, SINCE THERE IS A HUGE NUMBER THAT ARE GOING TO BE PART OF THIS GROUP BUILD, A SUGESTION OCCERED TO ME WHY NOT DEVOLOPE A ONGOING PREACTOIRIUM IN THE MANNER OF GILLES AND THE GROS VENTURE, DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE JUST A THOUGHT, COMMENTS PLEASE. Don
Don,who is going to do the practicum,and why do you need it as the kit will has an instruction manual??

Last edited:
A practicum as such would be a great idea, Don. However, this practicum should be based on the kit model. No one has the kit in possession to make even a review. Making a practicum is not possible in the meantime. Once we start our build logs ( we expect to be a group build like 'Blandford') we will discuss the building process. It should be very informative and helpful. ;) forget to add a lot of fun!

JUST A THOUGHT ZOLY, WHAT I WAS REFERING TO IS THE CONCEPT THA GILLES HAD WITH T^HE GROS VENTURE WITH MEMBERS SHOWING DIFFERENT METHODS AND IDEAS, and jim I know it has not been released yet, but just a thought for the future, who to do it I DO NOT KNOW. Don

JUST A THOUGHT ZOLY, WHAT I WAS REFERING TO IS THE CONCEPT THA GILLES HAD WITH T^HE GROS VENTURE WITH MEMBERS SHOWING DIFFERENT METHODS AND IDEAS, and jim I know it has not been released yet, but just a thought for the future, who to do it I DO NOT KNOW. Don
Hi Don, your point is well taken. As I mentioned earlier, it is almost impossible to make something similar to Gross Venture without the actual kit and kit building manual. Just think about it: the manufacture designed their kit and has specific steps for us to follow when building it. How can we discuss something we don't know\have yet?
However, once someone will start building log, there will be lots of information to talk about. We just need to be patient and get ready. :)

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT, NEVER ANTICAPATED DOING IT BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED, SORRY IF I DID NOT EXPRESS IT CORRECTLY. Don
Also I have to add that this is a kit not scratch so we can’t have the similar tutorial like Gile’s,for that purpose the kit has instruction manual with 3D diagrams

Don it is a fair point,however there is a couple of issues;

The first is that whoever does the practicum would have to be months in front in order for other's to follow.The writer may make tweaks only to find he has created another issue and in effect led builders in the incorrect direction.

To produce,the practicum would take many hours and put the writer further behind other builders rendering the exercise of little use to those builders.

IMHO the only way to do it properly would be for the writer to have built and completed the model BEFORE publishing it on SOS.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Last edited:
Trident models, say they produce 15 kits a month, I am number 45 on the list that is not yet numbered, then I am 2 months after
first kit was shipped from supplier, i think.
By that time, there are probably many who have started a build log, I will probably wait a while to see how the logs develop.
If I am not mistaken, it is UWE that receives the first set and goes ahead as a good example.
I also have the book, which I will study while there are many others who have started their building, then there is a lot to compare with.
Patience.
Knut-

Back