HMS Beagle from OcCre [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi, this is my first kit, so far I have only built according to plans.
I withdraw to avoid mistakes, I do them anyway and then I try to correct them.
Hallo @tetref
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Beagle going? Did you finish her in the meantime?

Hallo @tetref
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Beagle going? Did you finish he.r in the meantime?
THX. Lately the work has been going very slowly but I am approaching the complete completion of the hull.

Not much you can do besides warn others and work around the issues. This manufacture is now out of business I have been told.

I have several other kits by same company and have not had these issues.

Kurt
Nah i do not believe that occre is out of business.

Hi Tetref,
Your model is looking great. May I give you a tip, which I got from Donny, that is not to glue the top masts onto the bottom masts yet. Install the lower masts first and attach their shrouds. That way it will be easier to thread the shrouds around the masts.
Trevor

Last edited:
Hi Tetref,
Your model is looking great. May I give you a tip, which I got from Donny, that is not to glue the top masts onto the bottom masts yet. Install the lower masts first and attach their shrouds. That way it will be easier to thread the shrouds around the masts.
Trevor
Thanks for the tip, I've seen it before. I haven't glued them together yet.

Thanks for the tip, I've seen it before. I haven't glued them together yet.
That's mainly if you stay the lines its easier to stay them then put the on the masts. Here are a few pictures how how I did my shroud lines and I would use a scrap piece of dowel from the yards to get the shape so I could stay the lines then put them over the mast and through the crows nest and feed them down to the respective deadeye. 20210922_192449.jpg20210922_192508.jpg20210922_225937.jpg

That's mainly if you stay the lines its easier to stay them then put the on the masts. Here are a few pictures how how I did my shroud lines and I would use a scrap piece of dowel from the yards to get the shape so I could stay the lines then put them over the mast and through the crows nest and feed them down to the respective deadeye. View attachment 280419View attachment 280420View attachment 280421
An all round brilliant Beagle. Well done. I really enjoy the different color serving of the shrouds. I think this looks awesome.

Back